View Single Post
Old 08-10-2002, 12:14 AM
Jeff TYPE R
Crazy AE86 dude.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by RavenLude
If Honda builds a V-8 for a production model in the US, it will be for the RL so they can compete again with the LS430, Q45, and E Class/5 Series.
I doubt they will ever have a AWD setup in a sports car.
It is either rear wheel or front wheel to keep reliability up and maintence expenses down.
I agree with the 3.5 liter V6 powerplant upgrade. Throw the extra cam on as well as the I-VTEC and I'm sure an NSX will give you 330hp +; enough to blow away the Viper and Zo6 on the track.

Rumors I've been stumbling on though is that the next generation Supra will have a V8 and a price of $35k.
That would be nice.
I'm not sure I understand where you want the NSX to go. The DN-X drivetrain isn't your typical AWD setup with a center differential. It's all computer controlled with the typical FR layout PLUS 2 electric motors for the front wheels. This wouldn't really incur any extra maintenance costs not to mention Honda has plenty of experience with hybrids.

Also, what do you mean by throwing on an extra cam? The C series is already DOHC...what are you implying..."TOHC"?? lol and you can't just toss iVTEC into an engine either. The fact is, the C series engine is outdated now and Honda can do way better using newer technology. How does 400+ hp sound to you?