Thread: a/c question
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2004, 12:54 PM
hondatech
Honda tech/eprom hackr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey mohamed, I couple of things I have learned you can do to make those 95 accords cooler is when replacing the evaporator/expansion valve for a leak is to leave the expansion valve sensor out of the evap. fin a little bit more than factory. It tricks the expansion valve into thinking the evap isn't cool enough and it stays open a little longer. Also the more the evap box is sealed to the outside world the more effient the system will be. I use that black tar like tape that most honda parts dept.'s have and seal up anywhere I think it could be exposed to outside air. Also the condensor fins should be clean ( I clean out condensor fins after doing any A/C repair). The last trick I've seen is on R134a systems only, the system will cool better if you overcharge a little 2-4 oz. I have gotten my Si to blow 36f on a 100f day. From the factory it was around 41-43f on a 100f day. I know that's sounds bad and I'm sure it will stress out the system a little but it works good. I work at the dealer so I don't care if it lasts until 60k or 100k I just want it to work. I know what you mean on those 95's. the newer MDX with black int. is the same way. It takes 15 mins to get it to cool around 45 f on a hot day with those models.