View Single Post
Old 04-26-2004, 06:41 PM
polakatl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good job. I hope we don't get a suspension thread for a long time after this. Here are some pointers though.

First reread the first paragraph of shocks. U will notice that u used the term spring instead of shock. Also u might add that shocks are also called struts to eiminate confusion when a noob sees struts at the store.

Some reccomendations would be nice as well. For example I would reccomend a 2.0" or tad greater drop for 18" wheels since that is what it takes to eliminate fender gap and still keep a scrape free ride. The rear camber issue was nicely addressed but u might want to emphasize the need for a rear kit when going into the 2.0" drop. There really is no justification not to get one since the rear is way off and that even makes it grip better while cornering which is bad for understeer.

Under the shock section I would include the effects that adjustable shocks could have on handling. Making the front softer and the back harder will reduce understeer and in some case even oversteer.

If a spring has Race in the name then don't get it unless u are ready for a harsh ride. For low drops and awesome ride I would suggest Eibach sportlines. I couldn't have asked for more in terms of handling/ride quality.

How about strut bar and rear sway. I would reccomend the acura TL-S front upper strut and rear sway since the combo is soo cheap at the dealer and makes for a great handling improvemnt.