o 1911 subcompact - 3.5" barrel

• Glock

o Model 27 - 3.46" barrel

o Model 4006TSW Tactical Series -4" barrel - .40

• Sturm Ruger

o P93 compact 3.9" Barrel 9mm

• Taurus Int’l

o PT-140 3.25" barrel .40
Ok.. I own or have owned the pistols above (in some cases, in different calibers)

The Springfield Ultra-Compact is a nice pistol, one of my favorites. The only problem I have had is that it was a bit too tight when I first bought it. It would sometimes fail to return to battery (the slide would not return to the locked position) when it was dirty. A diamond lap to the rails and 500 rounds of ammo loosened it up enough to be carried and depended on. Still own it, still carry it.

S&W: Had a second Gen S&W that was a decent pistol. Reliable enough to carry, accurate enough to be effective, but a trigger only a spastic could love. S&W autoloaders have the sloppiest triggers in the industry. Sold it and bought a Springfield stainless Gov .45

I own the G30 version of the Glock above (.45) Utterly dependable, it is the pistol I grab when I am going to toss it in my pocket, in a fanny pack or in a bag I am carrying. I don't worry about dirt and dust or about banging it around because I know that when I pull the trigger, it will go bang. Still own it and still carry it.

The Taurus.... Not the biggest waste of money I ever spent, but it ranks up there in the top ten. The thing was a toaster. Too big, too clunky, not very accurate and built cheaply. I was very disappointed because I own and love 2 Ruger revolvers (3-screw blackhawk and a Single Six convertible) The guide rod was cheap aluminum and the steel recoil spring was gouging large chunks of the rod up after only 200 rounds. Called Ruger, they said "We'll sell you a replacement".... no, I'll sell this POS and get another .45

Bought the smaller Ruger in the PT-111 version for the wife. The trigger is horrendous. It is so long that you are sure the damn thing is broken by the time it goes off. The ejector broke after 50 rounds and Ruger fixed it for free (after about 4 weeks...) Has been OK so far since repaired. The wife wanted this pistol for her first gun because of the way it fit her hand. She felt safer with the longer trigger. Now that she has fired more handguns and become more confortable around them, when we go shooting, she shoots my .45's and leaves the PT111 in the box. She still has it, it sits on the bedside table gathering dust. No way in hell I would carry it unless I had no other firearms to carry and my NAA .22 were broken.

That's all I got.