View Single Post
Old 04-19-2004, 12:49 PM
19.3secS2K
my bum is on the swedish!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CivicPete
Hey guys..... Heres a question that has been stumping me for about a week now. I purchased a new Honda Keyless remote for my 98 ex the other day. i thouhgt it would be a quick programming like in the manuel but it just wont work... the new transmitter has the same FCC ID as the old one. I just dont want to go to the honda dealership for something like this.... If someone could post the instructions or what i should do it would be greatly appreicated. THanks alot guys! :thumbup:
do you still have the OEM radio installed? Or do you have an aftermarket headunit in place?

96-98 civics have the keyless system built into the factory deck, so if you don't have it, there's your problem.

if you do, then either the remote is dead (not so likely), or the harness for the keyless system isn't plugged in. Other than that, there could be other problems, but who knows what it could be.....

but yeah, you do the whole turning the ignition 3 times, pressing the lock button each time, and all that. Make sure you're doing it quick enough, since you need to do it in under 5 or 10 seconds each time. But it works. I had to deal with all this when I installed my dads OEM keyless system into his accord.