Old 04-14-2004, 05:19 AM
Jafro
I'm made of meat!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sxng9
i was also wondering about this. i'm still making payments on my car i bought in January of 2003. what if, my ride was stolen, and then recovered within the 30 days with shit missing and it's considered salvage title; would i still get paid out of the cars' value??
It depends on what you owe on it versus what its book value is. If the book value is less than you owe on it, and you don't have something called "gap insurance" then you'll get busted in the ass and wind up owing the difference. If your book value is more than you owe, then you're fine.

But the worst part is that your insurance premiums will go way up. It's not your fault if it gets stolen, and it's not your insurance company's fault, either. So unless they catch the fuggers red-handed, you will wind up paying for that car in the long run in insurance premium hikes. So in any case, you don't ever want your car stolen. The insurance company will consider you a risk from that day forward. It won't matter how clean your driving record ever is. The history of your car being stolen will be on your "CLU report" for the rest of your life, and any insurer will quote your policy accordingly, and it's completely legal for them to do so.

Hope that helps.