View Single Post
Old 04-09-2004, 01:36 PM
Minami Kotaro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Holy craptastic strip, Batman!

First - and last - time I ever go to a different strip.

I could launch at 3000 and spin like crazy. I could launch at 2000 and spin like crazy. Or I could let the clutch out, roll forward a few feet, then gas it and spin like crazy. First gear was nothing but spin and so was most of second. I hook up better on friggin' polished concrete.

The best time I managed with the Ion was 10.75. Another Ion was there who put out some 10.30s. He had a good set of tires, though. He told me 10.70s were all he could manage with stock tires, too. I told him about my 9.93 and he's going to try out my usual track.

My friend Chelsea could barely manage 9.80s with her nitrous Si which runs 9.12 consitently at our usual track.

Even the bikes were barely hitting mid-low 7s.

The fastest 4-cylinder there was a gutted Civic with lexan windows, a Prelude engine, and nitrous who ran 9.39. The slowest was an Integra who couldn't get his nitrous working and ran a series of 11.8s. There were a couple of nitroused and one turboed Civic that couldn't beat my times. (!)

My times were consistently better than two stock Preludes running 11.4s, a stock Focus running 10.8s, two stock Tiburons running about 11 flat, a few of the modded Civics, a stock '04 Si, and a V6 Camaro.

The V8s were running in the mid 8.00s, with only one dipping into the very high 7.90s.

After a Civic spilled oil all over the track, I packed it in for the (disappointing) night.