View Single Post
Old 07-21-2003, 01:48 PM
Dave-ROR

Originally Posted by T-R00
I was driving the R on W-68 toward WV. I was goin a little fast up hill. Right when i hit the top, I got Clocked at 97 mph on a 65. I can pay for the $275 ticket, but im stressing on my insurance and im here to ask how i can get away with it. I was think or tryin to find out if i can set back the speedometer. Let me kno of your ideas.
Thanks!
set back the speddo? so it says 65 when you are doing 97? if that's what you meant then I can only assume you are trying to look like a fool in front of the judge. I mean, who in the hell would think 97 feels like 65.. not to mention passing those doing 65 with over 30mph passing speed.. yeah that wouldn't be obvious that it was off or anything.

Go to court, tell the judge you fucked up and learned your lesson, blah blah blah. If you still get the ticket they may force you to go to a defensive driving school which will keep the points off your license anyways (and therefore insurance rates wont go up).

If you're lucky the cop wont show up to court and it'll get dismissed.

BTW, did you admit that you were speeding to the cop? or did you lie and say you were going slower or said you weren't paying attention? You can get out of most tickets if you are polite to the cop and tell the complete truth. Out of all the times I've been pulled for speeding (even when I was 17, 79 in a 45) I was only given one speeding ticket to date, and that was pretty recent. All the other times (including the 79 in a 45, which I said "I was driving like an idiot. I was going around 80" when he asked if I knew why he pulled me over) I've been given stupid tickets, like no proof of insurance or just warnings. No points and $5 for those proof of insurance ones.