Old 03-21-2004, 01:36 PM
antarius
Large Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Vampgrrl,

Very good! Another non-follower! Woo!

What the left-wing wants us to do, is give up our soverignty in being able to decide what's good for our country or not; and rest it with the U.N.

If the U.N doesn't agree, then we can't "act" because that'd be "wrong". So essentially they want to give up our ability to act in self defense of ourself, based on OUR intelligence and OUR reasonings behind a country's efforts against us, and soley rely on asking the world body to decide what *we* should do.

I'm sorry, the U.N is good for promoting peace and dialog through countries that would otherwise not have that dialog, but it should not be looked at as an "OK go ahead" or "Do not go ahead" for our country defending itself.

Last time I checked, no country in the world does something for the US in the best interest of the US. Just like the US doesnt really do anything soley for the interest of another country. Each country is out for itself, in its best interest, while there may be other motives that they take into account; when all is said and done, each country does what is best for itself. And frankly, I do not want to have to rely on a group of countries to decide what MY country does in defense of itself.