View Single Post
Old 02-24-2004, 03:24 PM
ludeboom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ludeconduct8
i disagree that the h22a4 is the worst block for high HP turbo setup....

yes they are open deck but all you need to do is get the re-sleeved and end of story....
The 93-95 h22a1's have small crank journals than the 96+ blocks..i for one would rather have a 96+ block.......

check out the September 2003 HCI (hot compact imports) mag they have an h22a4 that is booted and has 725 WHP with the bottle...i think without the bottle they had 550 WHP..
1. - the h22a1's crank has never been a problem. ive heard it said that it will handle 1000 HP, cant validate that of course.

2. - ive seen/heard of more h22a4's spinning bearings under boost than any other h series, so maybe bigger isnt always better. . the fact remains that even with sleeves and even the interlocking sleeves that connect the cylinders, that the block TWISTS. not to mention that steel and aluminum are at opposite ends of the world of metalurgy.
so you have 4 steel sleeve's connecting the top of the block and aluminum connecting the bottom.
lets think about that
im sure it will make power, because its an H just the same. i just think for price its a better bet to go with a closed deck.

~boom