View Single Post
Old 02-16-2004, 07:30 PM
blorean

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1990 civic electric system nightmare

I had my timing belt, crank seal and cam seal replaced last week. The car would not start after that for couple days. After getting the car jump started each morning and driving for couple days, one morning, the car started on its own without needing a jump start. That day, it broke in the middle of the road.

When the ignition key is turned, i could hear the cranking sound, but would not start. I tow the car back to the same mechanic and they say that the distributor needs to be replaced. After that is done, the car wouldnt start, so i replace the battery. 2 days later, the car would not start. I jump start and drive it to work (20 minutes).

That evening the car starts with no problem, but the battery indicator is glowing and on the way to the mechanic, the car dies. I tow it to the mechanic again, but this time he says the alternator is bad. I seem to have realized that something else needs to be done instead of doing what the mechanic has been telling me. So here i am looking for suggestions.. I am sure u all would be able to suggest something.