View Single Post
Old 01-28-2004, 10:28 PM
builthatch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SlowRider
Can I get The same power out of the Y7 head and will this head work.? If it would do the same thing then it would be better because there would be no additional wiring or computers or anything.. Please let me know.
well, i did not consider before that the original motor was not vtec. I take back what i said about using the z6 head because any gains by using the vtec head would be negated unless you used the proper vtec ecu, which would mean converting over to a p28 (obdI sohc vtec ecu) and running the few lil wires needed for the vtec function..even a vafc slapped in there to control vtec and the fuel would not help much since the timing maps would still be off, so in short, the vtec head would be better than the y7 only if you did it right in terms of engine management, BUT, for your case, to answer your question, the y7 head would work better than a ghetto rigged z6, however, the cam timing of the stock y7 cam is HORRIBLE, but nonetheless, i think the 75 shot would provide the boost you are looking for even if the y7 head was not ported.