View Single Post
Old 12-09-2003, 07:08 PM
ItsaHonda

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My car does the same thing when coming out of turn from about 30 mpg, the transmission will downshift as soon as I hit the gas to proceed, then immediately upshift into the next gear. Like some said above, this is just the transmission downshifting/upshifting, and is no indication of a failing transmission (every Accord I've driven has done this) My car has done it since I bought w/ 40k miles... now has 103k miles. ATF changed at 30k mile intervals. As for the rough shifting, keep in mind that 5th and older gen Accords (or Hondas in general, I assume) tend to shift a bit more harsh than other trannies...and is perfectly normal for these cars. Honda has a sugar coated name for it, but they realized it was a problem for the average Accord buyer and thus corrected it for 98 (yet created other, far worse problems..lol) I dont mind it at all, infact I think I even like it better... all but the overly exaggerated downshifts. Not sure about the braking problem, sounds like they are pulsating.