View Single Post
Old 12-06-2003, 11:08 PM
LX4CYL
Cone Basher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B&M SuperCooler installed *pics*

After 5 hours it's all done!!!

Mounting the cooler was much harder than I thought it would be, because the zip-ties/rods that it came with were too thick to pass thru the A/C condenser, so we mounted it in front of the A/C condenser using brackets and bolts. There is a 1/2" space between the cooler, and the A/C condenser We had to cut and bend some of the brackets too.

Routing the hose was a bit hard, as me and my dad had to take off the lower center splash guard so we could reach the bottom of the stock return line at the bottom of the radiator. The stock return line had these hose clamps that were a PITA to take off too We also used foam pipe insulation to protect the lines from heat and sharp edges.

It looks a little crooked and messy, but I'll go ahead and redo some of the zip ties and foam insulation to make it look neater (even though the bumper covers it all up ) sometime later on. When I started the car there were absolutely no leaks or any other kinds of problems, but we did have to add about a 1/2 quart of fluid since we spilled some, along with the added capacity from the added cooler...

Now I need to see how this helps out the transmission at tomorrow's Auto-X