View Single Post
Old 12-05-2003, 11:34 PM
FA9S8U

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Considering some options.

Well....I've had my second generation integra for a few months now, and I basicly have all the bolt-ons, and still wanting more power.

Having the B18A Motor I'm considering going tubo with it's allready lower compression and not having much of a top end. However the car has 180+ thousand miles on the clock, and if I'm gonna run boost I'd want to run "respectable amont " somewhere around 17-18 lbs. Therefore before I do that I'm deffinently going to want to rebuild the motor with some different valves, possibly some new cams, some stronger rods, and crank...and possibly some lower compression pistons. Im not to sure about resleving it seems kind of expensive and somewhat dangerous. I dont think it's necessary for less then twenty lbs...I could be wrong there.

Then the other option that I have considered is tracking down a B16A with tranny, and ecu. Then swapping it for my b18a and raise the compression a little bit and play off the variable valve timeing. Then if all else fails or that is slow I might consider going turbo.

My ultimate goal is to put this car into the low 14's, where it is pretty fast and still daily driveable. That and I would also like to be able to hold on to for the next ten years or so, (five would be decent). I've just been tossing these two ideas arond for the past two weeks both of them seem logical in my opinion I'm just haveing a hard time picking one and being able to set my goals toward that, and would like some other people's opinons!