View Single Post
Old 11-22-2003, 02:30 PM
nikkim

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio code - original doesn't work

I have an Acura Integra LS which I bought new back in 1997. I finally had to replace the battery and now of course the radio is asking for the code. I dug out my Radio ID card, entered the code in, and it doesn't work. I tried 2 more times, it locked up as its supposed to. After replacing the battery the radio reset itself and I tried again. Still code doesn't work. It seems they gave me the wrong ID card.

Went to the dealer (not the one I bought it from since that is in Minnesota and I now live in California), they looked up the Serial # from the card on their computer, and the code that matched was the same one on my card. Yep, I must have the wrong ID card. Now they want to charge me $90 to take out the radio just to make sure the serial number on the card is the right one. Is this really my only choice? The dealer in Minnesota claims they don't have my records, 1997 was too long ago.

Seems like a scam, I have never had to use this code before but was responsible enough to keep the card that I received from the dealer originally - but the card doesn't work. Is there any other place I can get this code from, or any easier way to get that radio out to get the serial number? If I pay $90, they take it out, and the serial # is what is on my card, what do I gain from that? They will need to somehow reset the code, if they can even do that.

Thanks,
Nikki