Old 10-21-2003, 01:57 PM
tyipengr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

95TEGGY:

Did you try changing the PS fluid? I mean flush it out and replenish it with fresh Honda-brand stuff? My power steering was making some creakin noises and I flushed it out and it stopped.

Another thing is you might be hearing the whining from a worn PS belt, not sure if that actually happens but it is a possiblity.

Honestly though, I think that if you can get your hands on a service manual and can find a way to get off the crankshaft pulley bolt you can totally do all that (minus the clutch, I dunno how much that costs or how to do it) for like less than $200. Timing belt is like $40, PS belt is around $10, the better Honda water pump is around $90, $15+ for Honda coolant, $5 for a feeler gauge if you don't alrady have one for the valve clearance, 3-5 bottles of Honda PS fluid, like $10, $1.50 for some vinyl hose to drain the PS fluid before you fill it up with the new stuff, $9 bucks for a valve cover gasket, $13 for Hondabond HT if you don't already have it.

Another possible add-on would be a new timing belt tensioner depending on if you need one or not.