Thread: CRV problems
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2003, 07:43 AM
klj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CRV problems

I have a 2000 CR-V with 72000km. When I crank my wheel full left to make a sharp turn I hear a squeaking noise that seems to be coming from my rear end. If I do it slowly enough...no sound. But if I do it a bit faster.....squeak. Could it be that the difference in wheel speeds is just at the threshold that causes the 4w drive to kick in? I also seem to remember this past winter that that same sound was happening when the 4w drive engaged when it was really cold. Does anyone have any ideas?

My second problem is the power locks. Sometimes after I lock my car it continues to lock multiple times. When it first happened I thought the car was locking-unlocking-locking-unlocking....etc., but when I would go to check the locks never popped back up. It was just continuing to lock....as if I was pressing the lock button on the fob multiple times.

Does anyone have any experience with these problems? I want to get an idea what I'm in for when I take it to the dealer. Are these problems going to be expensive to fix?

Any help would be appreciated.