View Single Post
Old 10-08-2003, 11:22 AM
AwwsChwA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

haha...don't worry, the only people who look like idiots are the ones who don't ask questions, and try to do stuff purely by guessing their way through it. No one learns anything without questioning, right?

Ok, to answer all the questions:

A FelPro or MrGasket multi-layer steel gasket will work just fine for a stock to mildly-built engine. It's probably cheaper than a factory gasket, too. But, also keep in mind that Honda sells their cylinder head gasket kits with a head gasket, so if you just get that kit from Honda, that will include every seal needed to overhaul and reinstall your cylinder head.

A 3-angle valve job refers to the angles on the valve face edges and inside the valve seats. You'll see what I mean when you get the head off the engine. Look at the valves that are open (at least 2 will be, cuz the cam will hold them open), and look at how both the valves and the circles that they sit in have angles cut into them. Those are the angles that a machinist will recut, and there are 3 of them. The valve face and valve sealing seat have a 45-degree cut, and there are two other angles cut into the valve and throat to allow for good air flow. The angles vary, your machinist will know what's intended for the head.

The Helm book is the Honda bible, so you'll be fine with that. You seem to know your car already, so this won't be any problem. Just take your time, and if necessary, draw diagrams or take pictures of how stuff fits together. I've done that before, it makes reassembly lots easier if I get bolts mixed up or something like that.

Hope this helps, let us know if you have more questions :thumbup: