View Single Post
Old 10-07-2003, 02:32 AM
Spec R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry Tobra, I dont mean to diss you or anything, I just think its funny how whenever someone posts abut burning oil, someone always has to rub it in that their car doesnt burn oil at all....:fawk:

At least you addressed Beerman's problem by asking a question back, so you're .

Dont mind me though, I'm just remembering all the useless responses I would get when I used to post about burning oil....

Anyway....Beerman, I feel your pain, I noticed my car starting burning oil when it only had something like 70k too...I tried changing driving styles (not going past 3k), different oils, different filters....but no matter what it would still burn... but unlike you, my muffler never turned black....

Hmmm for now I say change your oil (I used Castrol non-syn) and oil filter (Honda OEM). Try 10w30 first and post how it goes. Check your oil after your car has been sitting on level ground for a long period of time (at least 3-4 hours).

I'm now running Castrol 10w40 non-syn and after 1100 miles, i've only burned .2 of a quart. I've found that keeping the oil level right at the top dot also reduces the consumption. I used to get all happy seeing that after 1000 miles, only half a quart burned. I'd assume "half a quart every 1000" and think "hey its 1 quart per 2000 miles, thats normal", but thats not the case, because as the oil level goes down, the more it would burn. I would check it at 1500 miles, only to find that the oil was at the bottom dot of the dipstick...