Old 07-17-2002, 10:27 AM
abe
SLOW DOWN!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clutch probs that i can't figure out...help!!

ok, i've spent a great deal of time searching for the solution to this, but i haven't found anything that really helps me out w/my problem (so don't flame me ).

anyways, here's the deal. this problem only occurs after driving my car for a while (i.e. 10-15 minutes). what happens is that i get a loud creaking/groaning noise when i push in the clutch pedal. it is coming from somewhere in the engine bay. also, the pedal feel changes -- it gets harder to push, and is not smooth feeling like when the car is cold.

i've already changed out the slave & master cylinders, but that didn't do sh*t. it seems to me that something is heating something up, causing this annoyance (i must note that this problem started to happen after i took off the upper heatshield of my cat - damn noisy rattle) since it only starts to happen after driving around for a while.

the clutch still engages at the same point, there is no slippage, and it is still easy to move the shifter into every gear. also, there is no grinding.

what the hell is going on?? i've already spent over 300 bucks, (doh!) and i don't want to drop the tranny, only to have this problem come back again!! any feedback is much appreciated!!