View Single Post
Old 09-20-2003, 03:50 AM
monkey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by clickwir
Complete hydrolock from just heavy rain? You'd have to take in at least 2-4 cups of water for that to happen. Hydrolock causes damage too, like things bent or broken.

Hydrolock is very diffrent from just getting some water and your engine stalling and not starting for a day or 2.

Well it doesn't really matter, the only people that have a chance of hydrolocking right now are in VA, MD and NC.
there was a thread on H-T recently regarding this. i suppose i could search.

hold on.

http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=591622

"Funny thing was that it didn't flood the entire filter. I got into a heated debate on another board about bypass filters, and how you can only hydrolock if you submerge the entire filter, but I just got some heavy spray on mine, and it just sucked a LOT of water and siezed. All cylinders were full up into the runners with water, and I had to drain it all out...I didn't really get why #1 snapped.
Even though it sucks now, something good's gonna come out of it"

yeah it'd better be heavy rain, and maybe your bumper, wheel well fender is full of holes but it's enough to make me leery.

also, with all the potential to hit a standing puddle on the freeway or whatever, u'd better be careful, or ready to install the stock airbox come rainy season.