Notices

'08 Civic squeaking problem

Old 03-31-2008, 03:15 PM
autofreak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '08 Civic squeaking problem

I've recently purchased a 2008 Honda Civic EX that only had 7 miles on it and am very pleased with the car. It's responsive, agile, quiet, smooth, sleek, and fuel efficient... but the build quality of the interior panels aren't so flawless. The driver's and passenger's interior door panels tend to squeak when going over bumpy roads, which I find very annoying, especially that the vehicle has less than 250 miles. I was just wondering if any other Civic owners share or have heard of similar situations. I've heard of the windows rattling but that isn't the case with my Civic because i'm able to apply pressure to the door panel when it's squeaking and the squeaking will cease. I'm going to ask the dealer if they can do something about the squeaking once the I go in for the license plates, but if they are "unable to duplicate the problem," are there any suggestions as to how I can fix this myself or have corporate Honda deal with the issue?
Old 04-03-2008, 05:24 PM
autofreak

anyone?
Old 09-26-2008, 06:31 PM
4mycivic

I have the same problem. It drives me nuts. In fact, my steering wheel now rattles as well. Does anybody know how to fix these problems?
Old 09-30-2008, 03:33 PM
autofreak

Go to the dealer...that's what I did and they're gonna fix it. I told them about the issue and they said they couldn't hear it, so I actually had to take them on a test drive of my own for the lady to hear it. The driver that the dealership provided to give me a ride back home was telling me how that specific dealership will ignore certain issues is if doesn't affect the driveability of the car, which I think isn't right because we're paying for a brand new car, and I expect my brand new car to act new, it only makes sense, right?