Notices

Civic '08 Si Sedan

Old 03-03-2008, 10:37 AM
DGPlaya

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Civic '08 Si Sedan

Hey guys,
Hope everyone is roll'in safe.
I have a question. Is anyone sure what the difference is between the stock muffler that comes on the '08 Civic Si sedan and the Sports muffler that they try to upsell you on the Honda website when you 'build your own model' Civic?
Do you get more HP? Does it sounds meatier and deeper..you know..
What's up?
Let me know guys.
I'm out.
DGPlaya
Old 03-03-2008, 07:17 PM
AppleSauseSi
Critical S.O.B.

I don't think you get much in the power department as it is only an axel back. maybe 1-2hp?

It does make the car sound louder and it looks ok. Im not sure how much they charge, but you would probably be better off with something from the aftermarket.

Last edited by AppleSauseSi; 03-03-2008 at 07:18 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 03-04-2008, 08:53 AM
DGPlaya

cool. thanks..
i just thought i'd have the dealer take care of it since it would be covered by the warranty from Honda.
but maybe i'll try and see if i can test drive a car with the muffler on one of the cars first. but i doubt that they're gonna have one with one.
we'll see.
thanks man.
Old 03-05-2008, 01:00 PM
AppleSauseSi
Critical S.O.B.

warranty on a muffler? thats no big deal dude. A muffler is just a tube of metal, there are no moving parts, nothing serious to break. Besides, some aftermarket companies will provide a manufacturers warranty or will at least replace the muffler if the welds fail.

an aftermarket exhaust alone WONT void your warranty.
Old 03-06-2008, 10:06 AM
DGPlaya

Cool, thx man.
I was just wondering if it's worth it to have the dealer install the 'sports' muffler for me when i purchase the car. i guess i just want everything on the car right then and there when i buy it. i've never owned a new car, and i've waited a long time to do this..so i want to do it right...you know??
any pro/cons on the '08 Civic SI Sedan???
Danny G.
Old 03-07-2008, 03:16 PM
FLip wit da Flo

you dont get any power at all from that sport muffler. It's just an axelback and for the price the dealership sells it, its such a ripoff. The sound from that HFP exhaust isnt much different from the stock exhaust anyway. Just a tad bit deeper.
Old 03-08-2008, 01:18 PM
AppleSauseSi
Critical S.O.B.

Originally Posted by DGPlaya
Cool, thx man.
I was just wondering if it's worth it to have the dealer install the 'sports' muffler for me when i purchase the car. i guess i just want everything on the car right then and there when i buy it. i've never owned a new car, and i've waited a long time to do this..so i want to do it right...you know??
any pro/cons on the '08 Civic SI Sedan???
Danny G.
Get the stock muffler. Then buy an aftermarket one, then you have 2 exhausts, if one rusts out, throw the stock one back on. The dealership will keep the old pipe...

You want to do things right? get it as stock as possible, and get the sat-nav. also, dont pay for any options at all. If they have a "dealer preparation fee" or anything similar tell them to throw it out or eat rocks. you should play NO MORE than sticker.
Old 03-10-2008, 07:24 PM
DGPlaya

Default Thanks

Thanks...I think living in Calif, I won't have to worry about my muffler rusting..so I will just stay with the stock muffler. Cool. Good look'in out guys.
Navi??? Not sure. The software changes so often on that stuff, maybe I'll just buy a portable one?? What do you think??
I'm also wanting to get the 17" wheels HFP. They look clean as hell. And maybe the fog lights, and mud flaps. That's all.
DGPlaya..:hi5:
Old 04-02-2008, 07:06 PM
Sasebonian
'Till All R one!!

Originally Posted by DGPlaya
Thanks...I think living in Calif, I won't have to worry about my muffler rusting..so I will just stay with the stock muffler. Cool. Good look'in out guys.
Navi??? Not sure. The software changes so often on that stuff, maybe I'll just buy a portable one?? What do you think??
I'm also wanting to get the 17" wheels HFP. They look clean as hell. And maybe the fog lights, and mud flaps. That's all.
DGPlaya..:hi5:
I got the Navi option, and don't regret it one bit. Plus I like having the touch screen when useing the XM, CD, Aux, etc. That's a personal preference of course.
Old 04-28-2008, 09:20 AM
Bob Brock
Prelude 1992 Type S F22A

I just bought an new civic si with the navi it the best I like saying what time is it and it telling me lol