Notices

new tires

Old 03-25-2007, 11:40 PM
R_Squared
LEVEL UP

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default new tires

I'm looking at possibly getting at set of the 17" HFP Civic wheels. I have looked around a little bit at different tires and have decided that I'd like to get something in the Ultra High Performance category. I'm really leaning towards the Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Positions. They seem like great tires, and even had good ratings for all types of road conditions. Anyone had any experience with these tires before? Or have another suggestion? I looked at a couple other tires but these seem to be the best, except for the fact that they're kinda pricey.
Old 03-31-2007, 09:24 PM
R_Squared
LEVEL UP

I got the stock tires when I purchased my car and not the summer tires because I didn't want to wait months for a factory-ordered car. The all-season tires that come with the new Si's really suck.
Old 03-31-2007, 09:31 PM
Llamaguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

get these, I know the woman would like them and then you have no choice:eddie:

http://www.tirerack.com/tire-12/Kumh...DX+Aroma.shtml
Old 03-31-2007, 10:04 PM
R_Squared
LEVEL UP

Originally Posted by Llamaguy
get these, I know the woman would like them and then you have no choice:eddie:

http://www.tirerack.com/tire-12/Kumh...DX+Aroma.shtml
you're kidding right? h:
Old 04-05-2007, 08:50 PM
ErichPryde

hmm. I didn't think the stock non-summer tires were that bad. but I'd never ever replace them with the same tires! oooh, the price!

for pricing, I've actually looked at the AVS ES 100s, which seem to have a lot of good reviews, but I have no experience with them. plus, they aren't your ultra high performance tires.

then, there's the kinda cool looking tire with the weird ziggy pattern in it (I saw them in super street, but don't remember the name)

those are what I was loosely considering. but next up for me (in june) is a tanabe medallion exhaust and underbrace- maybe some eibach springs.
Old 04-17-2007, 09:11 AM
Samson
chris is the devil

the OEM all seasons are horrible. they really limit how one can drive IMO.
Old 04-17-2007, 07:29 PM
R_Squared
LEVEL UP

Originally Posted by Samson
the OEM all seasons are horrible. they really limit how one can drive IMO.
werd. They're way overpriced and really suck.
Old 04-18-2007, 07:44 AM
ErichPryde

you could always get the bridgestone potenzas that were stock for the NSX-R, and the new S2000 CR. they're only 180 per tire (about) for the sizes you're looking for.
Old 04-25-2007, 11:42 AM
ErichPryde

alright redteg, I think you picked out the best tire for your money with the 960 pole positions. I did a lot of reading, and I'm about 98% certain I'd probably purchase them.

First off, it got a treadwear rating of 400, which is awesome for a ultra-high performance tire. it got a traction rating of AA, and a heat rating of A (apparently this means it can withstand the temperatures that are generated when you're going some odd 100+ miles an hour. an exact definition for all of those numbers and letters can be found here.)

So I was looking at purchasing either yokohama AVS ES 100s or BFGoodrich g-force sports for my car. I decided to compare the pole positions to these tires-

g-force sport (uhp summer) 340 AA A ZR speed rated

yokohama AVS ES100 (uhp summer) 280 AA A ZR speed rated

Bridgestone RE960AS Pole Position (uhp all season) 400 AA A ZR speed rated

the bridgestone is 23 dollars more per tire than the g-force sport, which is a pretty impressive summer tire. it also will last an additional 5,000 miles+.

I also found a review that compared ultra-high performance all season tires. unfortunately, the only tire that comes in the stock size for our cars is the RE960. If anyone wants to read the review, merry christmas.

I'm sure that there will still be some difference in traction, but according to all of the reviews I read it should be fairly minor. the longer life and incredible wet handling (plus the fact that it can handle in snow better than a summer tire) should make up for that.
Old 04-25-2007, 06:02 PM
R_Squared
LEVEL UP

Hey, thanks for the info. It was very informative and further solidified my decision on whether or not to buy the RE960's. I think I'm going to wait until I wear down my Michelins a little more and then pick up the Pole Positions.