Notices

Now the wipers don't work right....

Old 01-20-2007, 04:37 PM
jerseyhondagirl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Now the wipers don't work right....

'On the intermittent setting they go back and forth about 4-5 times before stopping. Then, when I put the lever on "off" they go back and forth 4-5 times before they stop. Sometimes they stop in the middle of the windshield and sometimes they stop in other places ('06 Civic LX).

Today the dealer just had the contacts cleaned which did nothing. I have to bring the car back when they have a loaner to give me.

Anybody have any ideas what this could be?
Old 01-20-2007, 04:50 PM
shirley
CBOTY 2010

pulseboard in the wiper motor could be crap...thats hard to believe though. i think on those the pulsboard is going to be part of the wiper motor so if thats the case your going to need a new wiper motor
Old 01-20-2007, 05:32 PM
jerseyhondagirl

Should be covered under warranty, no?
Old 01-22-2007, 05:25 PM
silvic00

IT should be covered under warranty even though they will find some loophole and you will still be liable somehow for something.
Old 01-22-2007, 09:49 PM
AppleSauseSi
Critical S.O.B.

Contrary to what silvic said (as usual), the dealership shouldn't give you a hassle. When warrantee is involved the dealership gets paid through Honda of America for their labor. To the dealer it doesn't matter if you pay for the work or HOA pays for it, in the end they get their money.

Now, if HOA reviews the case and something seems suspicious they could send a corporate rep to the dealer and check things out; but for a small wiper fix you shouldn’t worry.
Old 01-23-2007, 02:52 AM
jerseyhondagirl

Thanks for the support. The service guy at Honda was very nasty when I called to see if he an appt. for me yet. He said he was "ordering a part" and he'd get back to me. Then I advised him I am aware of a tech service bulletin about the buzzing sound at low rpm and I want him to order the new belt for that too. He was so rude about it. He didn't believe my car was affected (I checked the vin# and it is). So, now I am still waiting for his call.

I'll give him 2 more days and then I'll speak to the service manager directly. He's the only nice guy working there.
Old 01-23-2007, 09:20 AM
AppleSauseSi
Critical S.O.B.

Go to another dealer or talk to the owner of the dealership and tell him how badly the service guy is treating you. Generally the owner (if he cares about his business) will make sure everything gets taken care of, he has much more interest in customer satisfaction that some service guy making fifteen bucks an hour...
Old 01-23-2007, 01:48 PM
jerseyhondagirl

Interesting..I already complained about the sales process and they gave me 1 oil change and 7500 mile service at no charge. They also repainted the edge of the driver side door due to paint that chipped off.

They're going to really love me, huh?

I get an email from them every time I go in for service. I already replied and advised them of my experience.

I'm a reasonable person so I'll see how he treats me when he calls for the appt. Maybe, just maybe, he had a bad day.
Old 01-24-2007, 04:25 PM
TegManGS-R
Blake Brown

where is this tech service bulletin??? do they have a fix for the hanging idle and the lurching in 1st?
thanks!

Originally Posted by jerseyhondagirl
Thanks for the support. The service guy at Honda was very nasty when I called to see if he an appt. for me yet. He said he was "ordering a part" and he'd get back to me. Then I advised him I am aware of a tech service bulletin about the buzzing sound at low rpm and I want him to order the new belt for that too. He was so rude about it. He didn't believe my car was affected (I checked the vin# and it is). So, now I am still waiting for his call.

I'll give him 2 more days and then I'll speak to the service manager directly. He's the only nice guy working there.
Old 01-24-2007, 07:25 PM
ErichPryde

if you have an si from early 2006, honda has released a "patch" to fix the hanging in first. contact your local dealership service department and ask them about it. I found out about this issue here. I don't know exactly when honda released the patch, or which cars were effected.

Last edited by ErichPryde; 01-24-2007 at 07:29 PM. Reason: clarity