Notices

2006 honda civic HELPPPPPPP!!!

Old 11-28-2006, 07:17 PM
topaks1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 honda civic HELPPPPPPP!!!

I have a 2006 honda civic
I got the wrench warning light on and the oil filter life 10%
I tried resetting the wrench warning light but it only goes off after pressing the reset and comes back evertime you start the car.
can anyone help me figure out how to reset the oil filter life and the wrench warning light? I already did my own oil change to the civic, as I always do with my other cars. The owners manual says to bring the car to the honda shop to reset the wrench warning light and bring the oil filter life back to 100%. PLEASE HELP!!!!!
Old 11-28-2006, 07:27 PM
t3t4delsol

you probley have to press and hold the button in for a couple of sec. thats the way my mom grand am is
Old 11-28-2006, 09:52 PM
sherwood
I missed Sean

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

try unplugging the switch.
Old 11-29-2006, 04:01 AM
boltuprite

It's in the owners manual (which I don't have with me). The wrench comes on when the oil life gets to 15%. If you take it to the dealer for an oil cahnge they will reset it.
If you go somewhere else or do it yourself, then you have to reset it and that is covered in the owners manual.

Another question though is if it's an 06 how will changing your own oil impact on the warranty? Unless you have proof of regular oil changes (i.e. receipts from a shop), you may have issues if you ever have engine problems that require warranty servicing.
Old 11-29-2006, 07:38 PM
sleezye

press sel res button till u get to the oil life perc. display press and hold sel\reset button (will take a while) the display will start flashing let go off the sel\res. button and hold again for a while then it will reset to 100
Old 12-07-2006, 12:17 PM
wcooksey

Don't mean to jack the thread, but boltuprite: I have heard from several people that receipts of purchased oil or filters, etc are good enough for warrantee issues if it ever comes up. I usually alternate between saving my receipt from autozone to buying an oil filter from my honda dealer and making sure the computer shows I purchased it, so they have it recorded I purchased the part.

Maybe a honda mechanic can clarify.

William
98 Civic + 03 Pilot
Old 12-19-2006, 01:48 AM
ErichPryde

doing your own oil change can seriously come up as a warranty issue? that's.... crap. I changed my own oil, added Mobil1 15,000 mile life oil and a K&N oil filter and didn't think twice about the receipts.

dang.
Old 12-19-2006, 05:12 AM
boltuprite

just a warning, thats all.

I have heard so many stories of people being jerked around because of 'non warranty" aprroved oil changes.
When you go to a dealer or a lube shop, you get a receipt for the parts and labour, when you do it yourself all you have is a receipt for the parts.
Just a heads up, as I have read all kinds of horror stories (not Honda's) about people having engine issues, going back to the dealer, and being declined warranty service because even though they did the oil changes, there was no proof of labour being performed by a 'certified' shop.
(just check on any Chrysler or Ford forum)

I used to do my own oil changes but for what it costs for oil and filter, and the hassle of disposing of the old oil, it's worth the $25.00 not to get my hands dirty.
Old 12-19-2006, 06:36 AM
sherwood
I missed Sean

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

honda shouldn't have a problem. if they do then just write a letter to corporate and they'll get it sraightend out. honda is very good to their customers.
Old 12-19-2006, 10:02 AM
boltuprite

oh I agree, there is no way a dealer should make an issue. I mean all they have to do is test the oil to see how clean and regularly changed it is. Shouldn't make any difference who the hell changed it, as long as it was done.