Notices

help with replacement struts/shocks

Old 10-03-2003, 03:49 PM
NAKCIVIC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help with replacement struts/shocks

Well it finally happened....I lowered my car with an eibach pro kit and didnt replace my stock struts....I know....I Know..but I was broke at the time......

Now my car has bottomed out and its riding like sh**. My question is do I have to replace my pro kit along with the struts when I finally get it fixed? or can I just replace the struts/shocks. If so what should I get? I need suggestions on both replacement shocks/struts and lowering springs. I would prefer something adjustable so that I can tweak it from time to time. I heard good things about Koni reds...is this the way to go?

Looking to buy parts as soon as possible......thanks.
Old 10-03-2003, 04:12 PM
txhatch
I hate 2003 Noobs.

You just have to replace the struts. Koni yellows are nice and have adjustable perches.
Old 10-03-2003, 04:15 PM
alllooksnnogo
Just another import lover

If your springs are not craked or anything don't replace them. Its your struts that have blown out. How much are you looking to spend??? If you have some pennies saved up then may I suggest a set of koni yellows . I love mine!! KYB or TOKICO are also good quality struts. I all depends on how much your willing to spend really.

BUT DON'T GO CHEAP WHEN IT COMES TO SUSPENSION!!!!!!
Old 10-03-2003, 05:03 PM
jonjon

I just put KYB's on my 2000 ex coupe...me likey. That's with skunk2 coilovers...KYB & KONI = :thumbup: most everything else = not necessary for your application.