Notices
Do It Yourself This is where you will find step by step instructions so you can Do it Yourself!

door panel removal

Old 06-18-2003, 01:17 PM
scooba

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default door panel removal

hey guys i'm about to pull my door pannels and didn't want to break anything. does any one have any helpful hints. I'm not sure how to get them started.

-thanx
Old 06-18-2003, 01:31 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

might help to tell us what kind of car you have...
Old 06-18-2003, 02:08 PM
crxb16er

yah i agree whats ur particular model, regardless of that ur gonna have to remove all the screwes holding it into place and tehn with a flat head screw driver start popping off the holding bracket "thingies" (technical term) all around the frame of the door, ur eventually gonna be lifting the panel up and off the door while easing the door handle thru its openning, but my best advice to u is "get a pair of balls and just start ripping it off" use common sense and dont hurt anything its always easy once u start doing it and realize what uve got infront of u instead of asking a whole lot of questions, (assuming ur a guy) we dont ask for directions unless we get lost, so follow Nike's advice and just do it.
Old 06-18-2003, 02:10 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well yeah, for door panels you just have to kind of poke around. I was asking because I have picture directions for the 6th gen accord.
Old 06-22-2003, 07:06 PM
Sasebonian
'Till All R one!!

For my civic, I had screws for the door handle and the coin pockets. Be mindful of the metal hanger that goes from the door handle to the door locks. There was also a plastic/spacer screw near the console indent on the door. There is a black trim near the glass to watch out for too. Then I just wedged the panel out carfully as they are held in with plastic pins. Unplug the wires to the electrical locks and window controls if you have them too.