Notices
Do It Yourself This is where you will find step by step instructions so you can Do it Yourself!

Honda Accord 94-95: Installing Corner Lights

Old 04-06-2003, 10:22 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DEPO JDM style corner lights(94-95 Accord)

Finally, a step by step guide to installing these corners I'm sure you all have heard how much of a pain in the ass it is to install these but im here to let you know that it's not half as bad as you may have heard. With the right tools, it's a piece of cake.

Tools needed:

-Phillips head screw driver
-Dremel w/reinforced cut-off wheel
-white out pen(old school one w/brush will work too)
-Drill and small drill bits
-PATIENCE, this is the most important tool. Take it easy and don't make the job more difficult than it is.

Alright, let's get started!

First thing you want to do is pop the hood and remove the phillips head screw on top of each corner lens. Once you get that screw out, you will be able to pull the lens forward and out of the bracket it's in. I have found that it's best if you grab the light from the back and pull forward, it might be kinda hard to get it out and you might think that you shouldn't have to pull that hard but sometimes it takes a bit of force to get them out.
Now that you have the old corners out of the way, you can see the bracket in which they fit. Take a look at the pic below, it shows the bracket and the places you need to cut.

Before you start cutting though, it would be a good idea to remove the bulbs and bulb holders at this time, don't worry about what ones go where cause you can't put put them on any other way but right thanks to the pin outs(Good thinking Honda:thumbup: )
Using the white out, mark the bracket where you are gonna cut it(see green lines in pic above). After marking it, fire up your dremel and hack away. The bottom cuts are gonna be easy, you should have them done in 30 seconds, if even that. The top one's your gonna have to work at cause that part is about an inch deep but your dremel will only allow you to cut like 1/2" deep at a time. I made multiple cuts, basically taking the front 1/2" of material off all the way across that section of the bracket that you are trying to remove, then you can cut the rest of it off. After making the cuts, you should be able to remove the middle part of that bracket, clearing the way for your JDM corners to be installed.
Now that the bracket is cut, time to move on to the bulb holders. The one you want to use is the one that blinks, it should be the one that is doesn't reach as far forward as the other one. On the bulb holder that you're gonna use, you will see that just above the rubber washer on it, there are a couple adjacent nubs on it, one small and one big. There are 3 notches on the housing of the DEPO lens where the bulb goes, don't let that scare you. Now in order to get that bulb holder to fit, you're gonna have to shave some of the material off the larger nub. I used the dremel to do this, taking a little bit off each side until it fit. Once you get it to fit, make sure the bulb is in it(I suggest amber) and install the bulb holder into the corner lens. The bulb you're supposed to put in there is a 168, however I have found that it's damn near impossible to find them in amber, but if you can , more power to you. If not, you can use the 194 bulbs with no problems, I have 194's in mine.
Now go ahead and plug in the harness plug to the bulb holder and install the lens. You may have to finesse it into place, but be careful, you don't want to break the two pegs on the rear of the lens. Once you get the lens in place, you will notice that the top arm is shorter than the oem one and it won't reach the hole it's supposed to be screwed into. Take a breath, calm down, it's supposed to be like that. Get your drill and a small drill bit(half the diameter of the screw is fine) and drill a hole into through the arm of the lens and into the top part of the headlight bracket. You won't be able to use the existing hole on the arm of the lens, you will have to drill one between that hole and the egde of the arm, and it may be necessary to drill that hole at an angle so you are able to get it into the headlight bracket, that's what I had to do. Now put the screw in and take a step back and enjoy the look of your jdm corner lights
Of course, the last thing you need to do is test them out. See, it's not that bad, I don't think it was bad at all. This was my first attempt at it and I'd say it took me about 20 minutes beginning to end to get it done, no biggie. Have fun and let me know if you have any questions.
Old 04-07-2003, 07:02 AM
AadosX

:thumbup:
Old 04-09-2003, 06:47 PM
jsinger
IH8S810

Hmm... mine fit fine.. I just used the bulb that doesn't blink since I still have the bottom bumper lenses. I did have to modify where the corners screw into the headlight, but I didn't have to use a drill or anything... I had this clip thing that slid on and you screw the corners into that... i just had to slide it forward a little for the corners to reach. good DIY though! :thumbup:
Old 04-09-2003, 07:22 PM
AadosX

Took me an hour haha. jsinger... you shouldn't do that bro, cause cars beside you cant tell if you want to change lanes or something. Just food for thought. And oh yea... update the sig now. It's all easier for you here cause you have aftermarket headlights haha.
Old 04-10-2003, 07:07 AM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Originally posted by jsinger
Hmm... mine fit fine.. I just used the bulb that doesn't blink since I still have the bottom bumper lenses. I did have to modify where the corners screw into the headlight, but I didn't have to use a drill or anything... I had this clip thing that slid on and you screw the corners into that... i just had to slide it forward a little for the corners to reach. good DIY though! :thumbup:
correct, if I had used the bulb that didn't blink, it would have been a perfect fit, but I wanted them to blink so the mod was necessary. but u are right, if you don't want the corner to blink, there won't be any mods necessary to get that bulb holder to fit.

Originally posted by AadosX
Took me an hour haha. jsinger... you shouldn't do that bro, cause cars beside you cant tell if you want to change lanes or something. Just food for thought. And oh yea... update the sig now. It's all easier for you here cause you have aftermarket headlights haha.
maybe he has sidemarkers? glad you got ur lights on bro, it wasn't bad at all huh? from what I can see, looks good, snap some pics today so we can see them better
Old 05-12-2003, 03:18 PM
xX94aCcOrDXx
leet member

damn its a pain in the ass to yank that corner out
Old 05-12-2003, 03:27 PM
whoaitslen2
hermit

anyone gotta pic of the bracket cut?
Old 05-16-2003, 05:31 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Originally posted by whoaitslen2
anyone gotta pic of the bracket cut?
I took some pics of it, but I guess I was too close when I took em cause they are blurry as hell