Notices
Track & Autocross Talk lap times and race lines.

4pt Harness Mounting Points

Old 01-31-2003, 08:55 PM
inspyral
のんびり~(´ε`)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 4pt Harness Mounting Points

Greetings All,
My SRR 4pt harness came in today, and to my surprise, it fits pretty well with my Del Sol seat/headrest. Anywho, I figured the two rear points would go where my rear seatbelts bolt up, and sure enough, the eyebolts threaded right in. For the two points that anchor the lapbelt, I figured I'd use the two rear bolt holes on the driver's seat, but I found them to be too small, since the seat bolts are smaller than the ones that anchor the rear seatbelts. All the eyebolts I got with my harness are the same size, so the two that I have left are too large. My question is, Where do people usually anchor their 3/4/5pt harnesses? Specifically the lap belt points, since I have the rear ones taken care of. Should I look for an eyebolt that will thread into the driver's seat rear bolt holes? Or, should I be looking for some sort of eyebolt adapter to use with the existing bolts? Or perhaps I should just drill and tap some holes(don't really feel like doing that)? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks all

Oh yah, this is what I got, if anyone's interested:
Old 02-01-2003, 01:20 AM
inspyral
のんびり~(´ε`)

n/m, I got it in
Old 02-01-2003, 08:44 AM
1stGenCRXer
GWAKS- Tech Geekifier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by inspyral
n/m, I got it in
What did you end up needing to do?
Old 02-01-2003, 11:54 AM
inspyral
のんびり~(´ε`)

I was going to use the pivot point for the driver's belt, and the driver's belt buckle. The buckle worked out, but the pivot point was recessed too far, and the eyebolt wasn't long enough. So I ripped out the plastic trim piece that's below the B pillar, and I saw that the driver's belt retractor uses the same sized bolt as its lower mounting point, so I took that bolt out, and it was almost exactly the size of the eyebolt. So, the eyebolt replaced that bolt, and I notched the trim piece and it worked out well. So for the lapbelt, I'm using the driver's belt retractor and buckle locations, and for the two rear points, I'm using one of the rear buckle and one of the rear belt anchor locations. It basically looks like this:

Keep in mind that I drive a 4dr, and the B pillar isn't nearly as far back as it is on a hatch or a 2dr, so the lapbelt points line up with the hinge of the seat almost perfectly.
Old 02-02-2003, 09:43 PM
tony
XBL: HotMilkGT // HAN H14

:thumbup:
have you tried it out yet? go in to a parking lot and do hella donuts
Old 02-08-2003, 07:32 PM
FourthGenHatch
I'm RICK JAMES, bitch!

Yeah I hooked up mine to the back seats. You should really have a rollbar with harnesses though. Too bad they are a lot of money for shipping.
Old 02-08-2003, 08:26 PM
inspyral
のんびり~(´ε`)

Yeah, the harness isn't going to be in all the time, so I don't really want to get a cage or rollbar. I just thought it'd be useful if I ever decided to auto-x or go on an excursion to a road course. I drove around for a week with the harness, and while I like how it holds me snug in the seat, it's a bit inconvenient having to unstrap if I need to reach my CDs on the passenger side of the car, or if I need to reach the the keypad at the drive-up ATM or the drive-thru window at Jack in the crack. I'll just stick to pre-tensioning my stock 3pt belt daily, and throw in the harness if I feel the need. All the eyebolts are in place, so if I want to run the harness, it just clicks in, and I can remove it just as easily when I'm done.
Old 02-09-2003, 07:12 PM
CivicSiRacer
Honorary Moderator Alumni

I can tell you from my stand point that most racing schools and track days will not allow you to run your harness unless you have a roll bar or cage. Reason being is just like being on the street with a harness on. Your neck/head would squish in a roll over.
Old 02-09-2003, 08:42 PM
inspyral
のんびり~(´ε`)

I guess I'll just throw it in when I wanna feel like a stunna, then. h:
Old 07-07-2005, 03:56 PM
defajardo

where did u get these at?