Notices
Do It Yourself This is where you will find step by step instructions so you can Do it Yourself!

Adjusting Hydro Clutch Engagement

Old 01-26-2003, 11:56 PM
RedRexDX
Stupid Hurts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adjusting Hydro Clutch Engagement

Is it possible? My Clutch engages 1 inch from full pedal release, and is at full engagement 3/5 push.... any way to change this so the pedal engages a little bit further down?
Old 01-28-2003, 02:39 AM
Bogatyr

RedRexDX,
Yes, it should be possible...the process should be delineated in your shop manual.
I took a look at the clutch MC on the wife's 1996 Civic when I had a minute this morning, but didn't see what I was expecting...so the adjustment might be at the slave cylinder...
See if there is a pushrod in the slave that attaches to the engagement lever on the tranny...if there's no pushrod on the master, you would have to do the adjustment here I'd think.
Ah, there we go, I just looked at the shop manual for her car...the pushrod comes into the cabin...so if you want to mess around with it...that's where to start...
Bogatyr
Old 01-30-2003, 01:11 PM
SiR-DC2

On the inside of you car look at the clutch pedal, towards the top you'll see the rod actuator and a 12 mm nut, loosen the bolt, turn the rod in or out for added/less clutch travel.
Old 02-19-2003, 09:48 AM
preylude99

just make sure you dont go too extreme with the adjustment.... if you set it too high you are going to burn the clutch, if you set it too low it may not engage correctly... also, when you set it high, in time it will slowly go down until you cannot adjust it anymore then you will need a new master cylinder, which isnt too expensive
Old 03-09-2003, 03:16 PM
6thGenCivic

You can adjust the pedal to rod backlash(the amount of pedal movement before it contacts the rod) but you CAN NOT adjust a hydraulic clutch. Or anything hydraulic, brakes, power steering etc...