Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Frequency?What to look for?

Old 01-16-2003, 06:28 PM
irod87

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Frequency?What to look for?

So i got a question.I'm looking at all name brand speakers.I really have about 3 different speakers in mind but I do not know which is better.I was told to look at the frequency range but i dont know what the #'s should be?Which one of these would be better quality highs and lows.

http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S...FCX468&o=m&a=1

http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S...SA4657&o=m&a=1

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-sAi1MuG...p?i=1084652CFP

Please help.Also let me know whats a good frequency range
Old 01-16-2003, 08:33 PM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

frequency response should not be a deciding factor when buying speakers... for the simple reason, that when the manufacturers test the frequency range of the speakers, there is no "standard" for testing it... you dont know how much power they are using... what kind of signal and what environment they are testing in. Every manufacturer varies... so when you look at frequency response, you can only really compare speakers of the same brand.

To tell you the truth about your selection, the Infinitys are gonna be your best bet... great power handling, very crisp and clear highs and good midbass... Infinity makes good speakers... much better compared to Kenwood and Pioneer.
Old 01-16-2003, 08:39 PM
nando11211

Are you going to be powering these speakers through the head unit or through an amp?

Also, what music do you most listen to, or better yet do you prefer nice bass tones or clearer highs?

There is a frequency range that the human ear can only hear, between 20Hz and 20kHz, so anything below the 20Hz and anything above the 20kHz is useless since you wont be able to hear it.

But if I had to pick between the three Id pick the Infinitis.
Old 01-17-2003, 03:32 AM
irod87

Well Actually im going to power these through the head unit for a while but will put an amp to them later.Also I usually listen to rap.I plan on getting some subs.So I really need these for mids and highs.But I think Infinity will be the brand I go With.Thanks
Old 01-17-2003, 06:59 AM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

Originally posted by 1994 del sol si
But I think Infinity will be the brand I go With.Thanks

:thumbup:
Old 01-17-2003, 08:11 AM
Toxis
Car Audio Manb*tch

Pioneer speakers - nasty
Kenwood speakers - a little better but still nasty
Infinity speakers - decent at best but the best of the three...
JL TR's - good speakers, great sound for the money, look into 'em!
Old 01-17-2003, 10:06 AM
smakdown

Get the infinitys for sure...I got some infinity 6.5 inch comps up front and some infinity 6x9s in the back. The comps provide great highs and decent bass. The 6x9s are incredible at effectively producing bass. Running off 17 watts rms power, people think i have subs!!!