Notices

reseting the radio after battery change

Old 11-27-2008, 03:38 AM
ledebuhr1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default reseting the radio after battery change

I changed the battery in my 02 Accord Ex I4. Now the radio does not work as it say, "code" on it. What do I need to do to reset the radio?
Old 11-27-2008, 04:35 AM
Cyclonus
UP AND ADD THEM

Are you the first owner? If so, the dealer should've given you the code along with the owner's manual and paperwork.
If you're the second...uh call the last guy.

Last resort, go to a dealership and get a code from them. They'll most likely need the VIN and/or radio serial number.
Old 11-29-2008, 10:00 PM
stereo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you tried to guess the code disconnect the battery for about a minute then hook it back up with the key off hold the 1 and 6 preset at the same time turn the key to the acc the radio show Uxxxxx then Lxxxxxx drop the U and L write down the numbers thats your serial number to your radio now you can call honda or take the numbers to your local dealer with proof of ownership thay will lookup the code for you and but first look areound your car under the fuse box covers or just around the car for a white sticker with with some numbers and a 5 digit one thats your radio code.
Old 11-30-2008, 12:50 PM
ibjamn

I think on the 02 accord, the sticker is on the underside of the coin tray to the left side of steering column.
Old 12-02-2008, 08:40 AM
xXTidusXx
Honda Love

Unless you have the 6-Disk or GPS (for the people who paid extra when the car was brand new) I would recommend you getting a aftermarket In dash Radio/CD player.

On my 2000 Accord the Disk laser died prematurely and would choose to play the CDs at its own will. But another benefit you can get these days is that the new radios have better frequency ranges,High Definition radio and as far as I know there are no unlock codes for the radio. hee hee