Notices

1993 Acura Legend ABS Problem?

Old 12-09-2002, 03:56 PM
oskiller

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1993 Acura Legend ABS Problem?

I have a 1993 that recently went through a car wash in the cold (not sure why). It was below freezing that day, and has not crossed 30 since that day as well. Since then, the ABS light is coming on and staying on at times. Not every time it is driven, but ~50% of the time. Occasionally the Brake light will come on as well.

I checked all the fluid levels and they are fine, and there is no fluid to be seen on the floor below the car. The brake pads were well within spec last month so I don't see that as the problem either. Our garage has not made it above freezing since then either. Could the sensors have ice or something else on them causing this to misread? If I have to, I'll purchase a heater to warm the garage to fix the problem.

Don't want to drop a lot of money to have a garage look and find no problem.

Thanks
Old 12-10-2002, 12:49 AM
Dave C

Check your master cylinder level and make sure your parking brake is fully released.

Jumper the service check connector just above the ECU and count the flashes of the ABS light to get the error code and report back.
Old 12-12-2002, 04:29 AM
oskiller

Did not get around the checking the master cylinder level, and did not have time to jumper the sevice check connector, but I borrowed a space heater from my neighbor and warmed my garage up to 80 overnight.

The problem has not returned since then. I have a feeling the sensors somehow had water on them and should be good to go now.

Thanks for the advice though.