Notices

clearing headlights with sticker?

Old 12-09-2002, 12:29 PM
type-s

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clearing headlights with sticker?

had anyone heard of people clearing there or color matching their headlights with stickers?..and if so..what do they use?...also..any one see eyelids for the 02 tl?

also..is the camber bad with a 1.75 inch drop?
Old 12-09-2002, 02:39 PM
AcuraTL
Lord Vader Moderator

If you want your car to look clean, the only way to do it is to take the amber reflector out. Putting vinyl stickers over the light is tacky.

What springs are you running? Just because it says 1.75 inch drop, it does not necessary mean your car will drop that much. Are you getting springs made for the Accord V6? If so, your car will be lowered more than 1.75 inches and yes, you will need a camber kit.
Comptech Icebox, Headers, Exhaust, Lowering Springs and Sway Bars. Mugen front grille. Inspire tailamps. MOMO Sport 18 X 7.5 +42 offset. Axxis Metal Master front/rear pad. 2 Polk/MOMO 10" subs, Orion Xtreme 500.4 amplifier and Alpine CD changer.

Old 12-09-2002, 03:18 PM
type-s

well i dont want to risk ruining my headlights..so i dont think ill be taking o ut the reflector...but see any eyelids..

also..i plan on running an H&R kit...so you think 1.75 inches will need a camber kit?...how much lower do you think it'll go once it breaks in?
Old 12-09-2002, 06:02 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by type-s
well i dont want to risk ruining my headlights..so i dont think ill be taking o ut the reflector...but see any eyelids..
No offense, but you'd have to be a complete moron to ruin your headlights. It's an extremely simple operation if done with a good heat gun and a couple of screw drivers. On my old Accord, it took me about an hour to do the first one and about 15 mins to do the second one. I was really afraid I'd mess it up, but once I started doing it I realized how careless you'd have to be to end up screwing it up. As long as you put on tons of silicon at the end, you're in fine shape. Vinyl stickers look tacky as hell IMO, same with most eyelids.
Old 12-09-2002, 09:39 PM
AcuraTL
Lord Vader Moderator

Originally posted by type-s

also..i plan on running an H&R kit...so you think 1.75 inches will need a camber kit?...how much lower do you think it'll go once it breaks in?
I believe the H&R kit is made for the V6 Accord. And since the TL weights more than the Accord, it is going to be lowered than 1.75 iches. I think you are going to need a camber kit.
Comptech Icebox, Headers, Exhaust, Lowering Springs and Sway Bars. Mugen front grille. Inspire tailamps. MOMO Sport 18 X 7.5 +42 offset. Axxis Metal Master front/rear pad. 2 Polk/MOMO 10" subs, Orion Xtreme 500.4 amplifier and Alpine CD changer.

Old 12-10-2002, 06:34 AM
juniorbean

Originally posted by AcuraTL
I believe the H&R kit is made for the V6 Accord. And since the TL weights more than the Accord, it is going to be lowered than 1.75 iches. I think you are going to need a camber kit.
Yes, you will ne a camber kit. I'm running the H&R Sports and the rear tires are a tad off.... my camber kit is going on in the spring.

As for the lights... take the time to clear them... don't ruin the look with a decal... it just looks bad on this car.
Old 12-10-2002, 12:38 PM
tls-sun

hey types, i have a spare set of cleared headlights, if ur interested. lemme kno thru pm or email. gte845i@hotmail.com

sunny