Notices

bleeding brakes

Old 11-15-2002, 02:03 PM
sinthetiq

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bleeding brakes

im changing my rotors/pads (only in the front) this weekend. gonna flush/bleed the brakes too. i was wondering if i would need to bleed out the rears (?) this is my first time
Old 11-15-2002, 03:30 PM
inspyral
のんびり~(´ε`)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You should bleed all 4 corners, multiple times if possible. Attach some clear tubng to the bleeder valve. Have someone sit in the car and pump the pedal a couple times to build up some pressure, then have them apply steady pressure as you loosen the bleeder and let the air out. Once the air is out, close the bleeder. Do this for all 4 corners in the following sequence: rear-right, front-left, rear-left, front-right. Keep an eye on the fluid level in the MC while you're doing this, and top it off as necessary so it never goes below the MIN line. Again, I suggest you repeat the entire process a minimum of 2-3 times in order to make sure all the air is bled out. Of course, if you don't disconnect your brakelines, there's no real need to bleed the system. It's a good preventive measure to flush the fluid, I suppose. Have fun, Mr Ducky
Old 11-15-2002, 05:38 PM
ManTiS
NinJA

Yea, you're not even going to touch the lines except move them. I bleed my brakes onto the ground :chuckles:
Old 11-15-2002, 07:16 PM
airon
AARONNOJIMA.COM

Originally posted by ManTiS
Yea, you're not even going to touch the lines except move them. I bleed my brakes onto the ground :chuckles:
its a good idea to bleed your brakes whenever doing anything to the braking system. just a precautionary, just like you should check on your lines and what not after every so often and bleed them in case somehow air gets in the system

also if you mean you let brake fluid onto the ground, thats a good way to remove some paint and kill some ducks in the rivers
Old 11-16-2002, 02:36 PM
VTECxSiR

get speed bleeders on all four corners...
loosen the nuts, get in the car.. pump 5 times and refill
reservoir... its a one man operation

speedbleeders = worth every penny.
Old 11-16-2002, 02:38 PM
crucial Si
Banned

Originally posted by inspyral
You should bleed all 4 corners, multiple times if possible. Attach some clear tubng to the bleeder valve. Have someone sit in the car and pump the pedal a couple times to build up some pressure, then have them apply steady pressure as you loosen the bleeder and let the air out. Once the air is out, close the bleeder. Do this for all 4 corners in the following sequence: rear-right, front-left, rear-left, front-right. Keep an eye on the fluid level in the MC while you're doing this, and top it off as necessary so it never goes below the MIN line. Again, I suggest you repeat the entire process a minimum of 2-3 times in order to make sure all the air is bled out. Of course, if you don't disconnect your brakelines, there's no real need to bleed the system. It's a good preventive measure to flush the fluid, I suppose. Have fun, Mr Ducky

i would do what he said...when you bleed them the pedal has more presure when you apply the brakes...if you get air in your lines you will beable to tell once you start braking, youll feel a weird "pull"
Old 11-16-2002, 02:46 PM
inspyral
のんびり~(´ε`)

Originally posted by VTECxSiR
get speed bleeders on all four corners...
loosen the nuts, get in the car.. pump 5 times and refill
reservoir... its a one man operation

speedbleeders = worth every penny.
yup, they're awesometastic
Old 11-16-2002, 04:18 PM
sinthetiq

thanks for the help, i got everything done today! woohoo
Old 11-16-2002, 05:16 PM
inspyral
のんびり~(´ε`)

Originally posted by sinthetiq
thanks for the help, i got everything done today! woohoo
get those rotors on the RIGHT way
Old 11-16-2002, 06:46 PM
ManTiS
NinJA

Originally posted by airon

also if you mean you let brake fluid onto the ground, thats a good way to remove some paint and kill some ducks in the rivers
Thanks, I almost cared.