Notices

Speaker Wire to the doors???

Old 05-29-2008, 11:13 AM
whatinthe
The Duke of Earl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speaker Wire to the doors???

Has anybody drilled the posts below that slider thing in between the hinges???
Is there any wires there im going to drill thru?
Old 06-01-2008, 01:06 PM
whatinthe
The Duke of Earl

Hey, thats a great question cuz I like to do more than just buy bolt-ons! U just have to strip the car down to doors and then fish the wire thru the rubber grommet that is holdin the existing wires. U have to b a savage but the end product is pretty clean. U wont even c the wires.
Old 06-03-2008, 01:53 PM
2001TEGGSR

There are several ways to go about this, but I will say it is one of the most frusterating tasks when it comes to the integra.

It can be done just removing the door pannel, and reaching under the dash. There is a bit of dead space within the door harness and connector that can be drilled out. Fish the wires through the existing rubber and pull them through under the dash. Sounds easier than it actually is.

I didn't want to risk damaging the existing wires in the harness with a coat hanger when fishing them through, so I took a different approach. I drilled a hole in the door sill, which can be accessed from the front wheel well, and drilled another beneath the harness. Then used rubber hose as a protective cover, and siliconed it to the door and body. Held fine for several years. Just be careful when you drill, be sure you have access to what is on the other side so you don't mess anything up.

I'm posting from a blackberry, so I can't get any pictures up right now. Good luck though!
Old 06-21-2008, 04:55 PM
whatinthe
The Duke of Earl

I just went thru the rubber grommets. It takes a coat hanger and some finese (not the shampoo). U can do it!!!