Notices

06 S2000 Hondata Reflash 236whp!

Old 06-28-2006, 10:01 PM
sskhimura

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 S2000 Hondata Reflash 236whp!

So what do you guys think about the hondata reflash for the 06 S2000? Guys with the 06 model sure are lucky! They got the best performing S2000! Check out the website, at Hondata.com! Everything you love about the AP1 put together with everything you love about the AP2. These Hondata reflash have done wonders for the K20 motor! A reflashed K20 with minor bolt ons will own a S2000, but now, having the F22 reflashed will even out the playing field, making the 06 S2000 the best yet!!!! Vtec comes in sooner, increased redline, elminate vtec dip, and serious hp and torque increase through out the power band! The days of the S2000 being unmodable NA are over.
Old 06-29-2006, 04:05 AM
shivers
Moderator Alumni

First, all numbers are from a Dynapak which are inflated because the wheels are removed from the car. Second, the reflash doesn't do anything that you can't do with a VAFC (other than raise the rev limit). Third, you have run a header, test pipe, IM gasket, etc. to see any real gains (again, nothing that can't be done with a VAFC and quality bolt-on parts). Fourth, the "stock" car used to R&D the "stock" reflash wasn't even stock (it had a IM gasket, test pipe, and an exhaust).

A friend of mine with an '06 got the reflash and isn't all that impressed. Other than smoothing out the crossover, there's nothing to report. He even feels the crossover is too low ... most likely because the test car had a test pipe (which allows more exhaust flow) vs. a cat like a truly stock car would have.
Old 06-29-2006, 08:46 AM
evolution
早晨好, 先生們!™ 粉腸+ 春袋

:werd: A lot of the ecu's and flashes are tuned to go with a particular set of parts. Take J's and Mugen for example. Can't go wrong with EMS and custom tuning to go with your setup.
Old 06-29-2006, 10:15 PM
sskhimura

The point of the reflash is to make the car feel smooth, so if you feel no vtec thats a good thing becasue the dip isn't there anymore. The gains without any aftermarket parts are there. As far as the dyno goes, Hondata uses the same dyno for all their test cars, and so far that car got the most number out of all the NA bolted on Hondas. Second being the Rsx Type-S. So again, with that reflash and a bigger final drive, you are set, and the 06 S2000 is the best one out yet!
Old 06-30-2006, 12:18 AM
RicoD
Pull my finger

Originally Posted by sskhimura
The point of the reflash is to make the car feel smooth, so if you feel no vtec thats a good thing becasue the dip isn't there anymore. The gains without any aftermarket parts are there. As far as the dyno goes, Hondata uses the same dyno for all their test cars, and so far that car got the most number out of all the NA bolted on Hondas. Second being the Rsx Type-S. So again, with that reflash and a bigger final drive, you are set, and the 06 S2000 is the best one out yet!
I've seen some 4.57 FInal Drive S2ks go from slow to quick....

So saying a reflash and a final drive will do the trick is pointless, when all you really need is a 4.57 final drive...
Old 06-30-2006, 06:26 AM
MuleS2K

I don't know about ya'll, but I love to "feel" the VTEC kick in. It brings a smile to my face everytime. If I wanted smooth, I'd buy a Lexus, otherwise, I simply relish in the fact that I'm the proud owner of Honda's version of a true roadster...with a digital dash.
Old 06-30-2006, 11:39 AM
evolution
早晨好, 先生們!™ 粉腸+ 春袋

Originally Posted by RicoD

So saying a reflash and a final drive will do the trick is pointless, when all you really need is a 4.57 final drive...
One of my friends has a Mugen ecu w/header, intake + exhaust and light tuning. It's a lot smoother than another buddy's S with a final drive. Throttle reponse is much, much better. IMO it's not worth the $ but if you got it, it is definitely good.
Old 06-30-2006, 12:55 PM
RicoD
Pull my finger

Originally Posted by evolution
One of my friends has a Mugen ecu w/header, intake + exhaust and light tuning. It's a lot smoother than another buddy's S with a final drive. Throttle reponse is much, much better. IMO it's not worth the $ but if you got it, it is definitely good.
I bet, I was mainly saying that the stock S with a final drive is pretty quick as a basic setup. Two of my buddies have S2Ks and one has the 4.57 Final Drive and they ran at the track... equal drivers if I do say so myself and stock S2ks... the one with the 4.57 won every single time h:
Old 06-30-2006, 01:51 PM
evolution
早晨好, 先生們!™ 粉腸+ 春袋

I bet, I was mainly saying that the stock S with a final drive is pretty quick as a basic setup. Two of my buddies have S2Ks and one has the 4.57 Final Drive and they ran at the track... equal drivers if I do say so myself and stock S2ks... the one with the 4.57 won every single time h:
Oh no doubt, no disagreement here.
Old 07-02-2006, 07:24 PM
sskhimura

You're right, but also kinda of wrong. Check this out, if it were an Ap1 then I might agree with you and say the reflash isn't worth it with the better final drive, BECAUSE of the 9k redline limit. But with the Ap2, which the 06 is indeed, being limited to 8k, a bigger final drive would be like a double edged sword because you would have to shift a lot sooner due to the small redline. But with the reflash, giving it a higher redline and more midrange power and torque, combined with the final drive is a perfect combination for the 06 AP2.