Notices

RE: Exhaust smell in cabin.

Old 06-20-2006, 10:35 PM
accordsir86

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Exhaust smell in cabin.

so i cheked everything out and saw a small crack in the header right where it bolts up to the head and i think its because the motor mounts are bad and need to be replaced. i noticed everytime i revved to high rpms the motor would rock back and forth really crazy and the only thing i can think of is bad motor mounts to cause the engine to rock like that, therefore putting stress on the header and cracking it leaking exhaust into the engine bay and into the cabin through the air ducts. what do u guys think of my hypothesis? i know the last post i did on the same subject got only one reply so i narrowed it down and maybe someone can tell me if the motor rocking back and forth on revs IS caused by bad motor mounts and messed up exhaust manifolds to leak exhaust into the cabin....................any help appreciated.
Old 06-21-2006, 05:02 AM
fstop128

just get the exhaust fixed. exhaust leaks gets into the cabin. the motor mounts didnt do it. alot of hondas have bad mounts. not knowing which accord u have, but if its an older one, there is a dogbone shaped one at the front of the car, by the radiator, that goes bad.
Old 06-21-2006, 07:16 AM
accordsir86

i have a 97 Ex. the motor rocks like crazy at revs and ill be getting DC ceramic header soon.
Old 06-21-2006, 01:54 PM
accordsir86

i guess no one knows what the hell iam talking about apart from fstop128. aneways thanks for the replies.
Old 06-21-2006, 05:04 PM
JimBlake

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Yes, the bad engine mounts allow your engine to rock way more than it should. That flexes your exhaust system more than it was designed for, which probably caused the cracking.