Notices

F22 Accord wagon

Old 02-23-2006, 09:42 PM
Tokyojoe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F22 Accord wagon

W^ all. I've got an Accord Wagon with the SOHC F22B VTEC as a daily driver and to tell you the truth it is really boring to drive. I was looking into adding a simple T3/T4 turbo kit to spice it up a little but I don't know shit about Honda motors. The turbo itself will not be a problem, I am just concerned about what this motor can actually handle in it's stock form. Thinks like injectors, intake mani etc....

Any advice on things to upgrade would be helpful. Also keeping it as stock as possible about how much boost will the motor handle?

Please no motor swap comments.

Thanks.
Old 02-23-2006, 09:48 PM
wedley2
bboy Wesley West

7psi will proibably max on the stock block...im sure it'll handle more but i dont know what the current condition is of the motor.

you should upgrade the fuel pump at least
Old 02-23-2006, 09:52 PM
Tokyojoe

Motor is in pretty good condition about 50k on the odo. So the fuel pump would max out before the injectors?
Old 02-23-2006, 10:08 PM
wedley2
bboy Wesley West

Originally Posted by Tokyojoe
Motor is in pretty good condition about 50k on the odo. So the fuel pump would max out before the injectors?
well, i dont know the condition of any of those....it's really up to you to replace/upgrade it.

if you truely think it can handle 7psi w/o any mods then go fot it.
fuel starvation=bad

but if it is in good working conditions, both pump and injectors should work....although you can probably get more HP w/ bigger injectors since it wont act as a restriction.

have u heard of cb7tuner.com?
they have a couple turbo'd f22 accords on there.
Old 02-23-2006, 10:45 PM
Tokyojoe

Originally Posted by wedley2
well, i dont know the condition of any of those....it's really up to you to replace/upgrade it.

if you truely think it can handle 7psi w/o any mods then go fot it.
fuel starvation=bad

but if it is in good working conditions, both pump and injectors should work....although you can probably get more HP w/ bigger injectors since it wont act as a restriction.

have u heard of cb7tuner.com?
they have a couple turbo'd f22 accords on there.
Well, you didn't really answer my question as far as what is the limit of the stock injectors or fuel pump. Anyway, thanks for trying to help and giving me the link.
Old 02-23-2006, 10:47 PM
wedley2
bboy Wesley West

Originally Posted by Tokyojoe
Well, you didn't really answer my question as far as what is the limit of the stock injectors or fuel pump. Anyway, thanks for trying to help and giving me the link.
sorry
im going turbo in 1.5 yrs so ill know by then
Old 02-24-2006, 04:25 AM
AcuraFanatic

You'll need to upgrade your injectors when you turbocharge your F22. The stock injectors might be okay, but you'd be well approaching an 80% duty cycle on the injector which may cause injector fatigue and a poor spray/atomization.

I'm not sure on your plans for the engine, and 7psi differs on the power gained with different style turbines. A general rule of thumb is a Honda engine is able to take about a 40% increase in power before internal modifications are required.

Your best bet is to get a good fuel management system, proper injectors and understand your goals.

You always have the option to do an H22 swap into your wagon as well.