Notices

Is this bad?

Old 01-08-2006, 06:03 PM
thumper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this bad?

I got my clutch replaced and later that day I was doing about 60-65mph on the interstate and hit a dip/bump. Threwout the bump I helf the steering wheel straight but the car swerved to the right. Soon there after I had another one and the car swereved to the left still while i had the wheel straight. Is something loose?

I called the shop and all they said was if it does it again bring it in but I haven't gone over another bump to know if it's still doing it.
Old 01-08-2006, 07:04 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Maybe a loose tie rod. Unlikely, though....
Old 01-08-2006, 08:59 PM
rugsr
How do my taillights look

damn man, bring that back STAT
mabye something loose where the steering colmn is
Old 01-09-2006, 08:23 AM
thumper

I'm going to bring it in tomorrow morning. It happened again today and scared the shit out of me. Today it happened at the begining of a bridge and the car swerved twards the graurd rail. I don't know what it is but I'm holding the wheel straight and the car still swerves upon hitting the bump/dip and then continues straight.
Old 01-09-2006, 09:45 AM
tegbooster
Resident Ninja-photo'er

personally i'd bring it back, it could cause more problems within the car itself... or you could end up killing yourself
Old 01-09-2006, 10:44 AM
a_integra_87
Traction, WTF is that?

So does it follow the grooves int he road? My integra and civic, if there is a dip int he road that runs along side and one tire gets in there it follows it. It will shoot left or right to follow the ditch. Turned out to be bad inner tierod ends.
Old 01-09-2006, 03:55 PM
tegbooster
Resident Ninja-photo'er

does it only happen at those speeds (60-65mph) or is it all over the speedo
Old 01-09-2006, 03:56 PM
rugsr
How do my taillights look

mine used to do it at certain speeds. i believe it was because i lowered the car 2 much
Old 01-09-2006, 06:07 PM
thumper

Well it was the tie rod and IT CAME OFF! Luckily I was only doing 40-45mph. The left wheel cocked all the way to the right and cause me to vere to the curve. I cranked the steering all the way left and stopped about a inch from the curve. I had been on the Interstate doing 70mph not 5min before this happened so I feel lucky to be alive honestly. Got it towed to the shop and they replaced the nut they forgot to put back on the tie rod. Luckily no other damage.
Old 01-09-2006, 06:33 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Originally Posted by thumper
Well it was the tie rod and IT CAME OFF! Luckily I was only doing 40-45mph. The left wheel cocked all the way to the right and cause me to vere to the curve. I cranked the steering all the way left and stopped about a inch from the curve. I had been on the Interstate doing 70mph not 5min before this happened so I feel lucky to be alive honestly. Got it towed to the shop and they replaced the nut they forgot to put back on the tie rod. Luckily no other damage.
Damn!

I would give them shit about it because that is incredibly dangerous. Was any other damage caused by the wheel falling back like that? I would demand them to give you some sort of compensation.