Notices

Rough driving at lower Rpms & taching out at 6500

Old 04-12-2005, 08:02 PM
Sprayedlude93

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rough driving at lower Rpms & taching out at 6500

I have some issues right now with my H22 hybrid. I have a really rough and boggy driving experiance untill i get to about 3500 rpms. It just feels like a big power loss, then boom power. I dont get it. Also I am taching out at 6500 to maybe 6900 rpm's. It doesnt want to go to 7500 which the vtec motor should rev to. I am using the right ecu; P13. I believe the ECU is chipped but not to sure. Supposedly it will rev to 8500. Im throwing one ECU code. Its number 3. for the MAP SENSOR. I replaced it and its still happening with the same code. So what can it be. I didnt know if the ECU was infact chipped if a APEXI V-AFC would interfer with it. the timing was off 12 degrees. My friend shot it with the knob on 12 so i re-shot it with it on 0 and i take it it should be fine. Also I regulated the fuel via the B&M regulator to 36psi normal idle. I have a autometer air fuel gauge and well i dont think its working. i hear alot of ppl complaining that there junk and i think i got a junkie one b/c its saying im lean all the time it goes up a little bit but its always running lean. i dont get it. if anyone could help me id appreciate it. i will list all mods at the bottom here incase that helps ( im sure alot are not applicable but im just listing them so everyone knows). thanks i need help bad..

h22a1 engine
AEM Cam Gears (set to 0 degrees)
B&M Regulator
B&M Fuel Gauge (set to 36psi)
Injen CAI
NGK plugs
MSD 8.5mm wires
MSD SS Blaster coil
MSD SCI box
MSD Rotor
MSD CIVIC Cap
DC Header
Magnaflow high flow cat- back (2 1/4)
H23a1 5spd Trans
Stage 3 clutch
8.8lb Flywheel
Old 04-14-2005, 07:03 AM
mikezter

it could be your ignition. check your spark plugz, wires and all dat crap....but im 99.9% that its ur ignition.
Old 04-14-2005, 08:04 AM
Sprayedlude93

Thanks Mikezter. I was thinking that myself. I just replaced it all about 2 wks ago which was when I brought the car back on the road, after the swap. I replaced it with new MSD wires, NGK Plugs, rotor and a MSD CIVIC cap. The reason why I used a CIVIC Cap was b/c MSD doesnt make one for the Honda Prelude (atleast not the 4th gen) and MSD told me they tested the civic cap and it works, but maybe when I look over it all I'll put my oem cap back on just to see. But would the loss of my redline (6500 compared to what it should atleast be 7500vtec) be caused from this? MAybe a safety thing on the motor to protect it?
Thanks alot. I really apprecite it. I belong to over 8 forums and you were the first to post a respondse and I have posted this question on others about 4 days ago already. So, thanks.
Old 04-15-2005, 08:27 PM
Sprayedlude93

Bump
Old 04-23-2005, 11:15 AM
boostup88

is the ecu putting the car in limp mode becouse of the code?
Old 04-23-2005, 06:49 PM
prelude97

1) unplug the map connector and see if does the exact same thing. if so then the wires to the map may be hosed up, or the input pin of the ecu is bad.

2) not 100% sure where the tach gets the rpm but if it's from the ecu then maybe it's really redlining where it's supposed to and u just need a different guage for that ecu. get an obd scanner and read the true rpm's. while u have the odb see if you are getting readings from the map.