Notices

Experts! LOOK - VTEC Pressure switch prob :(

Old 03-28-2005, 03:15 PM
bear66

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Experts! LOOK - VTEC Pressure switch prob :(

HEYA
I REEEEEEEEEEEEEALLY NEED SOME EXPERTISE HERE...

ok ok, so my vtec kicks me out at 6800 rpm (revlimit) and gives me a CEL, i checked the code and it's "22" - Vtec Pressure Switch

My car engages Vtec, and does a great job, but it's a little slower than one would expect. My first instinct is to get a new pressure switch and install it, however, being as my car is an JDM H22 swap, i had to wire into the ECU myself... i HOPE TO GOD it's not the wire job i did. However, i did pull this ecu, put in an integra ECU (to see if it worked) and put my original ECU back in... so it passed that test (ECU swap -> same problem).

I'm not even entirley sure which component is my pressure switch, on the manual it says it has a "light blue" wire, however the two components i wired are 1) green and 2) green/white can anyone post a picture of which component is the pressure switch?!

i'm really up a creek and any help would be faaaaantastic. Please help me out.
Thanks so much in advance!!!!!!
Old 03-28-2005, 03:50 PM
thomas
pew pew pew

check how much oil is in that thing, vtec is activated by oil pressure. prolly low on oil
Old 03-28-2005, 05:33 PM
bear66

i JUST changed the oil and i'm a stitch passed the "high" mark. THOUGH, my oil pan kinda looks like someone kicked it with a boot, no major damage, a little dent... would that have anything to do with it?
Old 03-28-2005, 10:17 PM
thomas
pew pew pew

deffinately you oil pickup could be right at that dent, you might be starving your engine of oil, dents in oil pans kill engines
Old 04-15-2005, 10:24 AM
edulerp29

Bear I got a 92 prelude si....i bought it with a blown h23... Im plannin on swapping an H22 in it....More than likely im gonna end up with a JDM h22, ive read that the harness is a mirror image of the usdm harness....What mods. did you have to do to your fact. harness??? ANY help would b appreciated!!!!!!!!! thanks
Old 04-15-2005, 01:08 PM
5hift
Hades: 2.2L DOHC VTEC

Originally Posted by hector200
deffinately you oil pickup could be right at that dent, you might be starving your engine of oil, dents in oil pans kill engines
Yup, I've read of people having similar problems, but most of the time their VTEC doesn't even engage, but that's what the problem was, dent in the oil pan inhibiting pick-up
Old 04-15-2005, 01:19 PM
katana62678

Originally Posted by 5hift
Yup, I've read of people having similar problems, but most of the time their VTEC doesn't even engage, but that's what the problem was, dent in the oil pan inhibiting pick-up

I know when I'm over due for an oil change in my 5th gen because there is hesitiation engaging vtec. It usually engages late and does not have the typical vtec pull that it should.