Notices

removing door panels

Old 02-16-2005, 08:23 PM
jr22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default removing door panels

hi
im not that big on cars...i have a 95 accord and there is something wrong w my drivers side window....it wont go up right...i am trying to remove the door panel to see if something is loose..but i cant get it off. i got the whole bottom and middle part loose, but i dont know howto remove it completely from the top where the window actually comes out...is there some kind of screw or attachement i cant see??
thanks
jose
Old 02-16-2005, 08:33 PM
jschmid

If it's like the 6th gens (it's probably the same deal), if you have all the clips released, then pull the entire door panel upwards to release it at the top.
Old 02-16-2005, 09:52 PM
as_merrill
aka FlamedAccord

ok, first there is a screw holding the door handle in place, also, there is another screw holding the power window/pull handle in place, make sure you unscrew those, unplug the plugs and d/c the rod from the inside door handle. once that is done, pop out the tabs and you may have to pop off the black triangular piece on the inside where the side mirror is. then, slide the panel upward because it kind of sits in a groove on the top. But good luck with the windows, i had the same prob in my 95, i replaced the window run channel, the power window regulator and and then replaced the run channel again and it did not fix the problem. hope this helps.
Old 02-17-2005, 03:42 AM
01ACCORD

We had the panels off the '96 LX. Be VERY careful removing the cup around the dor handle. We broke one. I can remember exactally how it came out, but after you remove the screw, their is a clip on one side.

Once that is loose and you have popped all the snaps loose, the door lifts up and off. Easier to do with the window down.

Good luck. Let us know how it goes.
Old 02-17-2005, 04:47 AM
JL95AccorD

The door handle you gotta pul up the front first, and then pull towards the front. There's a clip in the back. (Or is it the other way around?) I think it's towards the front. But he says that he has the "middle" loose already, so it seems he just hasn't figured out how to get the top up and out.