Notices

Just installed Eibach Prokit and Koni Yellows got a ?

Old 11-11-2004, 03:57 AM
BONE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just installed Eibach Prokit and Koni Yellows got a ?

After we did the install and set it up on the alignment machine the back was damn near perfect as fas as camber is concerned but the left front was -1.7 and the right front was -1.6 so my ? is if I just set the toe to 0 then would this be good enough to pass without a front camber kit. I know with some neg. camber I would have to rotate the tires more frequently but thats not a problem any help would be appreciated.
Old 11-11-2004, 07:18 AM
kfar09

you need to wait like 3 weeks or so for the springs to completely settle and then go get an alignment. i would also suggest you just spend the money now and put the camber kit on. it'll save you money in the end. would you rather do it right the first time and spend the money now? or wait until you fvcked up this pair of tires, have to go buy new tires, and have to get a camber kit anyway? the choice seems pretty easy to me. just do it right the first time and then you dont have to worry about it.
Old 11-11-2004, 07:45 AM
Tobra

Originally Posted by kfar09
you need to wait like 3 weeks or so for the springs to completely settle and then go get an alignment. i would also suggest you just spend the money now and put the camber kit on. it'll save you money in the end. would you rather do it right the first time and spend the money now? or wait until you fvcked up this pair of tires, have to go buy new tires, and have to get a camber kit anyway? the choice seems pretty easy to me. just do it right the first time and then you dont have to worry about it.
That is about the smartest advice you can get fo sho :goodjob:
Old 11-11-2004, 09:43 PM
ADRONICUS
www.ufc.com

A camber kit also keeps stress off of your axles. It keeps them from flexing inward and adding that pressure that can cause problems. Remember that too, camber kits serve more than one purpose.
Old 11-11-2004, 10:16 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

My camber kits cost more than my springs but it sure beats paying for new tires and then the camber kits.
Old 11-12-2004, 01:54 AM
BONE

which camber kit do you recommened
Old 11-12-2004, 04:04 AM
HatchVX
Driving a Turbo 2L Terror

I would go with the Omni Power Front upper control arms, and the rear set too. Here is the front camber kit and here is the rear one HIH
Old 11-12-2004, 05:01 AM
bluetwo
Relevance is irrelevant

yeah you're gonna need to get the kits anyway. Tire rotations aren't you're only concern with that much negative camber. Tolerance is something like .50...
So yeah, jus doo eet.
Old 11-12-2004, 09:49 AM
BONE

HatchVX thanks for that site the prices seem to be reasonable for the whole a arm replacement kit.
Old 11-13-2004, 08:11 AM
kfar09

i have the skunk2 camber kit and its sweet. i would def recommend that. and for the back, you can just use washers to fix it. every alignment place knows how to do it.