Notices

Shop manual/Maint help needed

Old 08-16-2002, 11:43 AM
bbbradley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shop manual/Maint help needed

I am about to sell my 99 Accord EX 5-spd, before I sell it I want to do some maintenance: Plugs, wires, air filter, valve gasket, diff. fluid, tranny fluid, brake fluid, and a coolant flush.

I don't own the service manual, and the general consensus is that the Chilton and Haynes manuals are lousy. There is another one out there for ~$60, but I am not looking to buy a $60 book for a car I am getting rid of. Can anyone out there help me with some info, or sources for info on the fluid changes and coolant flush. Tourque specs, some basic how-to's, fluid amounts and types, etc... I can figure out all the others.

Thanks for any help! BTW - the Accord is being replaced with an older Integra, so I'll probably start spending more time on here.

/bill
Old 08-16-2002, 11:56 AM
99AccordCoupe

diff. fluid
??? :eh:
Where the hell is that? One thing about doing all that before you sell it. Make sure that you can recuperate those costs back in final price of your car, otherwise doing all that maintanence is a waste.
Old 08-18-2002, 01:59 AM
bbbradley

I am selling the car to my GF's mom, so while I will not be getting any more cash for the maintenance, it would make me feel better.

As for the diff fluid, I will assume by your statement this car does not have that?? I apologize, but I am used to RWD cars with diff. fluid. I got the list if thing to do from a local Honda dealer's maintenance schedule.

Thanks again for any help.

bill