Notices

Suspension Help

Old 05-05-2004, 06:09 PM
szemattaz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suspension Help

I have a 2000 Accord Coupe...and I just bought some Ground Control coilovers and i need some opinions.

What type of shocks would work best, yet give a smooth ride?

Are Ground Controls any good?

Will I need and front and rear camber kit and whats a good reasonable price brand?

Thanks for the advise and help
I just don't want to waste money and time on BS, when I can do it right from the start.....
Old 05-05-2004, 07:13 PM
Intrepid241

The best advice I can give...is to use the SEARCH function. This topic has been beaten to the ground with a stick! hehe. All the info you need can be found with the search.
Old 05-05-2004, 07:25 PM
MrChad
THE RED 6th GEN Coupe

Originally Posted by szemattaz

Will I need and front and rear camber kit and whats a good reasonable price brand?
I prefer straight springs like H&R or Eibach's over the GC w/ Eibach's but they should be ok.

I'd use Koni Yellows [www.shox.com] (sports) I recommend an Eibach rear camber kit[www.tirerack.com], the front will be fine.

And as other's have said look for suspension info via search.
Old 05-05-2004, 08:29 PM
IamNemo
You know me...

Originally Posted by Intrepid241
The best advice I can give...is to use the SEARCH function. This topic has been beaten to the ground with a stick! hehe. All the info you need can be found with the search.
:werd:
Old 05-06-2004, 12:16 AM
accord_coupe01

I know this isn't the for sale forum but I'm trying to help him out. I have a set of Koni yellows neuspeed edition for sale I used them for less than a month. After you do a search you'll come to find out that they are considered as one of the best. Shox.com sells them for "$644 free shipping." There is nothing wrong with them I just want to switch to a coilover system and I need to sell them soon. How about $460 shipped. PM me if interested.
Old 05-06-2004, 03:56 AM
skabone69

Originally Posted by szemattaz
I have a 2000 Accord Coupe...and I just bought some Ground Control coilovers and i need some opinions.

What type of shocks would work best, yet give a smooth ride?

Thanks for the advise and help
I just don't want to waste money and time on BS, when I can do it right from the start.....
Konis
no(I would recommend either springs or a full coilover setup.)
only if you drop past 1.5in in the front and rear.
Old 05-06-2004, 09:18 AM
polakatl

someone needs to sticky that suspension faq that was posted a little while ago. It sees like every other day we get the same suspension question. Spring shock or coilover. GC or regular. Eibach or H&R. blah blah blah
Old 05-07-2004, 04:05 AM
syclone

ground control with koni's will be the best setup... if you buy a complete kit from ground control, they use koni's as well..
Old 05-07-2004, 10:35 AM
Nikon44

If you have already bought the ground controls you have to check to see what shocks they are capable working with. I know that there are at least 2 maybe 3 different ground control setups for the accords. Ground controls a have different setup for Koni Yellow shocks and you have to make sure you get that setup if you run koni's. Right now I am running Neuspeed Race with Koni yellows and Ingalls Cambers. I will be switching to Ground Control Coils soon as I get the time to install them. Like the rest of the people here have said do a little research on this forum with the search or on the internet and you will find out everything that you need to know.

Sean
Old 05-07-2004, 05:29 PM
Intrepid241

Originally Posted by polakatl
someone needs to sticky that suspension faq that was posted a little while ago. It sees like every other day we get the same suspension question. Spring shock or coilover. GC or regular. Eibach or H&R. blah blah blah
:werd:

Quick Reply: Suspension Help