Notices
Track & Autocross Talk lap times and race lines.

Koni Yellow Settings

Old 08-01-2002, 04:19 PM
vtecinside
Cracker Quack!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Koni Yellow Settings

Somebody hit me up with the best settings for a 5th gen accord coupe on the track. I tend to run about 1 turn in the fronts and 1/2 turn in the back.

i don't think all the way firm is gonna do much good....

noel
Old 08-01-2002, 04:32 PM
1stGenCRXer
GWAKS- Tech Geekifier

Settings are going to change from car to car, track to track, and driver to driver. Shock settings should be paired with spring selection. You're going to just have to do some testing, adjust the compression rate firm enough that body roll on initial turn-in is reduced, but not subdued, and so that the car "recovers" and returns to stock ride height without bouncing or sinking in quick turns. Generally, on the track, you can run stiffer compression/rebound rates than you could normally run in an autocross, where quick turns can cause the car to sink and eliminate proper suspension behaviour if it does not have time to recover from a sudden compression.

So really, not to put you off or anything, but it's really up to your driving preference, and testing.
Old 08-02-2002, 03:05 PM
vtecinside
Cracker Quack!

Originally posted by 1stGenCRXer
Settings are going to change from car to car, track to track, and driver to driver. Shock settings should be paired with spring selection. You're going to just have to do some testing, adjust the compression rate firm enough that body roll on initial turn-in is reduced, but not subdued, and so that the car "recovers" and returns to stock ride height without bouncing or sinking in quick turns. Generally, on the track, you can run stiffer compression/rebound rates than you could normally run in an autocross, where quick turns can cause the car to sink and eliminate proper suspension behaviour if it does not have time to recover from a sudden compression.

So really, not to put you off or anything, but it's really up to your driving preference, and testing.

sigh......there's never a quick fix.

noel
Old 08-02-2002, 03:10 PM
1stGenCRXer
GWAKS- Tech Geekifier

Originally posted by vtecinside
sigh......there's never a quick fix.

noel
Not unless you have an extensive notebook of suspension settings and laptimes with your driving style Someone else's setup could help you, but no two chassis and drivers are exactly the same, so some final tweaking would be necessary for that last 1/10th of a percent if you're as obsessed with performance as I am.
Old 08-06-2002, 08:33 AM
Shingoblade-GSR
Hellsing Agency

The stiffer the rear shocks are the more tail-happy you'll be.

I don't know about you but on my integra I set the fronts at 6 (1.5 turn) and the rears at 5 (1.25 turn) and I was able to lift off oversteer while lapping at Thunderhill.

Shingo