Notices
Drag Strip From the staging lanes to the finish line, this is the spot for on-track drag racing discussion.

oh no I was beaten like a biiiitch

Old 02-28-2004, 09:13 AM
supermac88
not OG but Old School

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default oh no I was beaten like a biiiitch

I was at the local spot last night and this guy in a primered slammed CRX rolls up and is like wassup you wanna run? I told him that I'd think about it but asked what he had he said he had a DOHC, I asked what DOHC he said B16. Basically he thought I didn't know shit and was trying to fool me. So anyway we go look at the car and it is fawkin ugly underneath the hood. I knew I was gonna lose, but I wanted to see how good I could run against a B in a Rex. So anyway we line up at a light and he kills me off the line and basically I could only try my hardest to stay close. In the end I lost by like a car and a half, but still that's not that bad with a D16 in an EG with a CX tranny. Then I ran some other guy he had a v6 Mitsubishi Galant w/ an automatic. I got him off the line by a little tiny bit and then we ran pretty much side to side up to 95. Overall I was fairly happy with my car for as little money as I have put into it for it to be able to hang that well with a REX with 40 more HP and like 100lbs less than me.
Old 02-29-2004, 08:00 PM
Fast-Ford
Loves Nascar, NHRA & SCCA

Originally Posted by supermac88
I was at the local spot last night and this guy in a primered slammed CRX rolls up and is like wassup you wanna run? I told him that I'd think about it but asked what he had he said he had a DOHC, I asked what DOHC he said B16. Basically he thought I didn't know shit and was trying to fool me. So anyway we go look at the car and it is fawkin ugly underneath the hood. I knew I was gonna lose, but I wanted to see how good I could run against a B in a Rex. So anyway we line up at a light and he kills me off the line and basically I could only try my hardest to stay close. In the end I lost by like a car and a half, but still that's not that bad with a D16 in an EG with a CX tranny. Then I ran some other guy he had a v6 Mitsubishi Galant w/ an automatic. I got him off the line by a little tiny bit and then we ran pretty much side to side up to 95. Overall I was fairly happy with my car for as little money as I have put into it for it to be able to hang that well with a REX with 40 more HP and like 100lbs less than me.
Hey, sometimes it's fun to run just for the hell of it. A guy at work has a brother who owns a Corvette (base model - not sure of the specs, I have to find out) and he wants to race me for fun sometime this summer. I know I will lose, but it should be fun anyway.

BTW, how do you find those Tokico's on your car? A guy was bad mouthing them in another thread by saying they were too soft........but he didn't know much because it's the spring rate that makes the ride........the shocks only control how fast it reacts.
Old 02-29-2004, 10:48 PM
forum95
I'm Cooler than You

Originally Posted by supermac88
No worries you will be owning him once you get your FI up and running
Old 03-01-2004, 06:11 AM
Tobra

Power to weight baby, that is how those bugs run 11's with an under 2 liter motor NA
Old 03-04-2004, 10:13 PM
supermac88
not OG but Old School

Yeah I can't wait to be boosted. I like the Tokico blues I really don't see where people call them replacement OEM there is a noticable difference. My car is really stiff which sucks on long drives but in corners is beautiful. And also how much does a CRX weigh just out of curiousity? Doesn't the CX weigh like just a hair over 2100lbs?
Old 03-05-2004, 10:23 AM
Dave-ROR
RAD owns.

"Unlawful activities will not be discussed in the forums." - TOS.